Sunday, 13 February 2011

Bah Humbug - Doilies


The challenge from Bah Humbug this week is to use 'doilies'. I have got some paper doilies somewhere but they were not punched very well so I put them to one side. Now if I could remember which side - I would have used one for this challenge! Instead - I took a photo of a crocheted doily and made it into an embellishment in Craft Artist. I shrunk it down to make the little embellishments top right too. The bp and blue matting behind it were also done in Craft Artist. After I had printed the design off I printed the doilies again so I could layer them up. The hearts were also from a digikit, cut out and sprayed with glitter spray. It's finished off with ribbon from my stash. Dull and overcast here today so the piccie's not as sharp as I'd like it - but I'm out all day tomorrow so it will have to do.
Thanks very much for visiting today
Beryl xx

23 comments:

Chrissie said...

A gorgeous card Beryl and I love the way you've used images for your sweet crocheted doilies, very clever sweetie.
lol Chrissie xx

PixieHouse Creations said...

stunning Beryl, what a fab way you have done with the hearts and doilies.
enjoy your day out
Wendy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OMWord Beryl - how talented you are - I wouldn't know where to begin with this digi kind of altering. The doily is amazing, and I love the gingham hearts. A really beautiful Xmas card (and one less to make in December)!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

starcyl said...

You are nothing if not inventive Beryl, you've done a grand job on them doilies and I see you've used the same backing papr as I did so you must have the one I used in there somewhere!
Jenny x

starcyl said...

Just for future reference Beryl I've just gone hunting again and the doilie is actually a frame in paper forest if you have that kit.

Jenny xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is fabulous. I love the way you created your doilies and the colours are fabulous. I lov ethis.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Beryl, I have been wondering about Craft Artist, looks like it's a winner.
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Beryl great colours.
Chris x

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Beryl, You clever lady, what a good idea to use photo's to make your cards and alter them. Love it. Hugs x ChrisB

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa
Awww this is just gorgeous Beryl.
Love the details and those doilies are stunning!

I'm taking a break for a while Beryl but I wll stop by

Take care and furry hugs to Leo

Dawn
x

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Beryl and a great use of a crochet doily.
Hugs xx

Annie said...

My jaw has just dropped down to my chest in absolute shock at how clever you have been on this card Bery...
'I took a photo of a crocheted doily and made it into an embellishment in Craft Artist.'
oh my I didn't know you could do that and doesn't it work well?
I may be coming to you for lessons on this.
Your card is just fantastic - really stunning as well as being clever.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beryl, love it.
luv
Debby

Wanda said...

Very Clever. I'm waiting for Craft Artist to arrive. I hope I can do as much as you can with it! A lovely card.
Wanda

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

That's great Beryl

lisa said...

How clever to photograph the doilie. It looks great with those gingham hearts. Hope you enjoyed your day out today. The weather is certainly better that yesterday isn't it.
Hugs Lisax
P.S. Our Hellebores are just showing colour, you must be a bit warmer than us. They look like they're going to be good though.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

super card, i love the country feel, one of my fav styles. janex

Martha said...

Beryl,

Your idea of taking a picture of a real crocheted doily and then using it in a large format, and then shrinking it for the embellies was brilliant! I also love those stunning hearts! They say "Necessity is the mother of invention" and you certainly proved it with this card which is beautiful!

Love, Martha

Rita said...

Love it, love it, love it. What a pretty card. Hugs Rita xx

Pat said...

Beautiful Beryl, love the hearts and great idea for the doily.

Pat xx

Max said...

I am in awe! Wonderful idea Beryl and one which could be adapted with any item missing from your stash. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Loving the gingham hearts!!! Hugs Juls

craftimamma said...

How clever Beryl! Brilliant idea to photograph your crochet doily and it works beautifully. Love the hearts too.

Hugs
Lesley XX