Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Swirls and Pearls


My card today is for the CD Sunday challenge - Pearls and Swirls. I was lucky enough to win the
Ooh La La CD 'Shoes in Bloom' on the CD Sunday challenge before Christmas. It's a fabulous CD and as soon as I saw the theme this week I knew I wanted to use this image. The swirls at the bottom are Sheena Douglass' set - String of Bling - stamped with Brilliance Graphite black and clear embossed. Ribbon and pearls from my stash. The quickest card I've made for ages I think so now I'm off to see if I can come up with something for the Less is More challenge - don't hold your breath though.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx


22 comments:

Tess said...

What a stunning card Beryl. It is a fabulous CD. Your swirls are just gorgeous - very impressive. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Beryl everytime I see that shoe I am tempted to buy the cd, your friend will love it,
Chris x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a truly gorgeous card. I love the layout and the colours and images are fabulous. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Beryl K said...

This is just gorgeous Beryl. Love the image. I got to choose a cd when I did gd for Ooh La La last year,- should've got this cd instead of the one I picked.
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

A beautiful card Beryl, wouldn't it be lovely to have some shoes like this (maybe a bit itchy though?)
Good luck with the other challenge, I love the look of this but I can't do 'less is more'
lol Chrissie xx

Sass said...

I love this card Beryl so very elegant and beautifully done
xx

pinky said...

Didn't realise it was a shoe till I read it Berly, lol. But is absolutely stunning. Love the swirls.

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, such a beautiful image and the swirl certainly sets off the whole card.

Pat xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Fabulous Beryl, I knew you would love this CD, gorgeous image and beautiful swirls.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs xx

Janet said...

What a stunning card! You are on a roll girl, go for it! Thanks very much for taking part in CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Janet xx

starcyl said...

Stunning card Beryl and perfect for our challenge. The more I see of this cd it is getting more likely I will be buying it.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday again thisw eek.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Ann said...

This is beautiful Beryl.
Ann x

Jules said...

A lovely make Beryl and I love the swirly pattern at the bottom.

A great look!!

Love Jules xx

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Beryl, beautiful card and I love that swirl. I haven't seen any of the cd's but thats a lovely image. Well done for winning it. Hugs x ChrisB

Martha said...

Beryl,

What a beauty this is! WOW! I had never thought of heat embossing the swirls down on the bottom. Will need to get the stamp for that for sure! The image is lovely. You do such wonders with CD's and I have never tried them. : (

Love and blessings, Martha

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a beautiful and classy card. janex

Carol said...

Hi Beryl. What a beautiful card. This is my all time favourite Cd and I loved doing the parchment sample cards when it was launched on C & C.
It is so interesting to see peoples different ideas using familiar images.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again.
Huga
carol
xx

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous card Beryl, thanks for joining us a CD Sunday this week hugs Wendy xx

Juls said...

so very stylish!! Love the swirls!! Hugs Juls

Sammie said...

When I eventually start crafting again, I want to join the Less is More challenge. It really intrigues me. I love your tree stamp and the card is so well balanced I would never have guessed the sentiment is off centre. I think without the little butterfly was a brilliant idea to cover your "mistake" -it just looks part of the overall design. Gorgeous!

craftimamma said...

Another very elegant card Beryl. The images on this cd are certainly lovely and I really love the addition on the gorgeous swirl.

Hugs
Lesley Xx