Sunday, 6 February 2011
Easter meets Christmas
Two cards today. The first is for Rainbow Lady's challenge 'Year of the Rabbit' celebrating the Chinese New Year. My card is more of an Easter card but it's got the rabbit. The image and the lovely bp are from a MCS free download - the trellis border a Marth Stewart punch and the flower is made from a selection of my flower punches and a Sissiz die for the stem. The pot is just a scrap of card cut to shape and scored to make the rim.
The second card is for this week's Bah Humbug challenge - 'Buttons and Bows'. The snowman image is from Serif Craft Artist and I've given him buttons for his buttons - if that makes sense. The snowflake backing is a piece of vellum over a piece of white paper. I folded the vellum top and bottom to fit the paper and stuck it with DS tape. Not brads needed. The buttons and ribbon are from my stash. It all looks a bit pale I'm afraid. Well - it is quite pale but with the poor daylight here today it looks even paler.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


25 comments:
Both super cards Beryl but I really like how you've done the flower and flowerpot. Hugs x
Hi Beryl, great cards, I love the one with the rabbit, It reminds me of Fudge my last rabbit. Love your flower too. Hugs x ChrisB
Lovely cards Beryl and I think you get a special prize for celebrating 2 holidays in one post lol!
Fabulous tip for the vellum, thanks sweetie.
That rabbit is so sweet, I want a real one just like him.
lol Chrissie xx
Hi Beryl,
These are beautifully done. I love the gorgeous rabbit and the fun snowman. Great crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Two beautiful cards Beryl - love the Rabbit and the flower - the colours are gorgeous. Well, you will have one less Xmas card to make later in the year Beryl - can't quite get myself motivated to make Xmas cards just yet - December is usually when I make mine!!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx
2 great cards Beryl. I really REALLY like your use of red matting and embellishments on the snowman card. It makes the whole card come alive. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Beryl,
I love the rabbit image coloring! It is close to Easter, so a rabbit fits the challenge and your card is lovely. The stitched snowman is really cute and country looking. I like the X's for his eyes (cross stitches) and that ribbon is perfect as an embellishment.
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Martha
2 great cards Beryl love the bunny one, although its a card I never send ( easter ) its enough doing xmas and birthdays.
Chris x
Great cards, love the first one. Have a great week.:)
Hi Beryl
aww two fabuluos cards, luv the bunny & flower. lovely design, sue,x
Lovely makes Beryl .. .. I really love the flower on the first one. Gorgeous colours.
I hope you have had a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xx
these are just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls
Gorgeous cards Beryl.
luv
Debby
both cards are adorable, I love the country gingham look and buttons on your Christmas card, might have to nick that idea. janex
Two really lovely cards Beryl. Love the clever flower in it's little pot on the first one and the red and white of the Christmas card is lovely and fresh looking. I always love gingham ribbon. No idea why but it always makes me feel cheery!
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Two great cards. I do like your flower on the rabbit card.
Janet xx
Two beautiful cards Beryl, love your rabbit and flowers. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week.
Hugs Christine xx
Oh Beryl, your cards are just fantastic. Hugs Rita xxx
Lovely rabbit on your card Beryl, so sweet. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Jen x
Your Easter rabbit is lovely Beryl so cute and perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x
Both great cards Beryl and good to see you using Craft Artist. Isn't just brilliant?
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
Two gorgeous cards Beryl, love the flower on the first, and the snowman is so cute on the second.
Pat xx
Lovely cards Beryl, great tip for the vellum.
Beryl x
Ah these are both great, I really must get back into the Christmas cards again, thanks for playing on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxo
Lovely cards, seems odd making Christmas and Easter cards at the same time lol!! Does that mean it's going to snow on Easter!
Hugs
Brenda
Post a Comment