Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Old but not Forgotton


This week's challenge on Bah Humbug is 'An Oldie but a Goldie'. I resisted the urge to feature 'me' and instead chose this Santa stamp which is one of the first that I bought from Crafter's Companion. He didn't get used this year  - in fact I don't think he's been used since before I had Promarkers - which I used to colour him this time. The sentiment stamp is also from Crafters Companion and looked as if it had never seen any ink - so I thought I better remedy that. The bp is from a Crafters Companion cd too - aren't they doing well on this one? Finished off with some mirri card (hopefully to look like the fastening on a parcel and a red bow.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx



15 comments:

Juls said...

this is fab! Love the organza ribbon! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

ahhh dont be saying that, either of which is not true, a lovely xmas card a brilliant design.
Chris x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a beautiful card. I love the traditional Santa image. It's gorgeous. Fantastic work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
aww fabulous Christmas card, i must keep up with mine! sue,x

Crafting Queen said...

Cute image, lovely card. Hope you are enjoying your new kitchen.:)

pinky said...

Its gorgeous, great little Santa. Are you working for crafters companion now then lol.

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Beryl and yes, it does look like a parcel fastening sweetie lol!
I'm still trying to make up my mind what to use for this challenge.
lol Chrissie xx

themessycraftroom said...

A great card Beryl and a lovely father christmas. Hugs x ChrisB

Janet said...

Very cheery! I like the mirri card ribbon. Good ol' C&C!

Janet xx

Annie said...

Another great card ready for next year Beryl. Love your Santa and that backing paper is just perfect too.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

craftimamma said...

Beautifully coloured Santa image Beryl and your mirri and bow does most definitely look like parcel wrapping.

Glad you inked up that sentiment too 'cos I really like the font.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jules said...

Tee hee Beryl .. .. great oldie but goodie make!!

Before I even read through you post I thought your card looked like a parcel.

I can tell you are getting ahead of the game with your Christmas makes this year .. .. before your garden starts to call you.

Love Jules xx

Crafting Queen said...

Thanks Beryl, but I am really not. I do struggle with baby cards for some reason. Have a great evening. :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great card, lovely santa and you look fab Mrs old, and have a figure women half your age would envy.
janex

Max said...

Hi Beryl - aren't you really grateful that we forced you to dig out your old stash? Your Santa stamp deserves to be used and I can't believe that gorgeous sentiment was lying neglected. Don't let it happen again lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT