I made this card for my youngest daughter who will be 40 this year. Where have all those years gone?
As it's got the word 'Love' on it I thought I'd enter it into a couple of challenges. I don't 'do' Valetine cards so this is the closest I'll get to the theme. Rainbow Lady's challenge this week is 'It's All About Love' and I am also entering Crafty Ann's challenge 'Love is in the Air'. I haven't managed to enter Crafty Ann's challenge for ages so she'll probably get a bit of a surprise.
It's an 8 x 8 card and the image is one on Sheena Douglass' Sketchy stamps - coloured with watercolour pencils. The matt behind it is made with a Martha Stewart punch - the swirl a Marianne die and the sentiment plate Nesties.
The bp is Funky Fairy distressed swirls and the flower is made from scrunched up circles of mulberry paper. The butterfly is actually a filigree silver brooch that belonged to my mother. As I've never worn it I have decided to pass it on to my daughter before it gets mislaid somewhere. The white organza ribbon was coloured with a Pro marker and the navy circles/card candy where punched from a small part of a Wizard die.
As you can see by the shadows on the card - the sun is shining, but it's not turned out as warm as I thought it would this morning.
Thanks very much for visiting today. Have a good weekend.
Beryl xx

27 comments:
Its very Beautiful Beryl, love these images, my friend came to our craft group with them the other night so we were all stamping away,hope you are well hugs chris xx
Gorgeous card Beryl and I love the idea of putting your Mum's broach on there, it makes it so special. Love Elizabeth xxx
It's absolutely gorgeous Beryl and a lovely surprise to see you joining in again. Hope you manage to fit a few more in before the garden claims you again :o)
Ann x
This is absolutely exquisite Beryl and perfect for your daughter's birthday. The brooch looks beautiful and I'm sure she'll treasure it always.
lol Chrissie xx
Stunning, stunning card Beryl, what a wonderful way of passing the beautiful brooch onto your daughter. I looks really great on the card
Beryl x
Hi Beryl,
This is a beautiful card in gorgeous pale blues. the image is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x
I'm sure your daughter will love her card Beryl, especially as you have included a family heirloom. The little girl image is a delightful one and beautifully coloured.
Janet xx
Adorable card, love the image and the flower is super! Bet she will love it. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Anesha
This is beautiful Beryl, a lovely image and the punched mat and flourish are perfect. What a lovely idea to add the broach, your daughter will be thrilled. Thank you for joining in with us over at Crafty Ann's and Rainbow Lady's challenge blogs this week.
Jen x
This is a beautiful card and that flower bearing a special gift is inspired.
I'm sure your daughter will love the card and be moved to get your mothers brooch.
Jenny x
Beryl your daughter will be thrilled. Not only with her beautiful card, but incorporating the brooch to give her that way . It's lovely card and gift. I love the colours you have used. Hugs x ChrisB
Its absolutely gorgeous Beryl. Love your image and love how you have watercoloured it. This will be a real special card for your daughter with the little butterfly on it:)
It was lovely here today too but very chilly now, a beautiful card and sweet little image, a lovely way to pass on the brooch,
Chris x
I recognise this lovely stamp, Beryl, it's a beauty isn't it. I love how you've coloured her. Your daughter will adore it, I'm sure. I hope she has a very Happy Birthday. We had the sun aswell today but with a chilly wind.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Lisax
Hi Beryl
A beautiful card .. .. I am sure your daughter will love it.
Your flower is gorgeous and what a wonderful way to pass on your Mother's brooch.
A special birthday with a special present.
I hope your daughter has a happy day.
Love Jules xx
Gorgeous card, Beryl, using your mum's brooch makes a beautiful card even more special. I love the lacey mat behind the image too. Great to see you joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog and Crafty Ann's too
Claire xx
I adore this card Beryl, and I'm sure your daughter will. So pretty the lovely image is a reminder of past more gentler times.
janex
So beautiful cards Beryl,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Hugs Riet.x
Truly gorgeous Beryl and perfect for the challenge. Love the flower too Thanks so much Love Cynthia x
WOW this is stunning, I love the soft colours you have used. Thanks for playing on Rainbow Lady this week. I know that feeling of time flying. Think its once you have kids they make the years disappear. Hazel xo
What a stunning card Beryl, love the colours and the lovely flower, what a fantastic way to pass on your brooch to your daughter I'm sure she will be thrilled with this.
Pat xx
Gorgeous card Beryl and what a lovely way of passing on the brooch im sure she will love it
Wendy xx
What a truly gorgeous card Beryl. I love the image of the little girl, the whole composition os lovely. And how special to add your mum's brooch.
Wanda
Gorgeous card Beryl, beautiful image and a special way to pass on your Mum's brooch. I am sure your daughter will treasure it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week.
Hugs xx
Beryl - that's lovely.
The colouring is, in my opinion, perfect:-)
Thank you so much for liking this enough to make such a special card.
Sheena x
gorgeous!! adorable image, and I love the flower!! Hugs Juls
I bet your daughter loved this card Beryl. It's beautiful! The lovely image reminds me of a cross stitch picture I did for my Mum some years ago.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Post a Comment