Around the World in Eighty Days
The Italian Job
The Big Country
Here we are on the third challenge already for By the Cute and Girly. The theme this month is 'Let's Go to The Movies' and we have made our projects with film titles in mind. There are lots of prizes again this month - details on the challenge site - so I do hope you'll join us on this last challenge for 2009.
My first card was made using stamps by Stampscapes and various inks - the ballon is a Clarity stamp - stamped once full size and coloured with Crystal Laquers and the second onto shrink plastic.
The second card was made using an image from Digi Sparkle who are one of our sponsors this month. I know it's not a mini but close enough I think. I coloured the image in my photo programme, positioned the cars and printed them out in My Craft Studio and drew the 'steps' effect by hand.
The scrap book page was made in the Daisy Trail scrapbook programme. I finally made it to the top of Snowdon this year (I cheated and went on the train) but having been there I definitely want to go again. Next time I'll just go up on the train and then walk down. Using the train both ways only gives you a quarter of an hour at the top and it's not long enough. It wasn't the clearest of days for photos but hopefully next time I'll get some better ones.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx



20 comments:
Oh these are all fabulous and such brilliant ideas.
luv
Debby
These are fabulous Beryl and yes, I think the car is close enough to count as a mini!
I've been to the top of Snowdon and I walked it!!!......mind you, I was only about 16 at the time lol!
Hi Beryl,
These are great cards. I struggle with this type of challenge and would find it hard to come up with one card never mind three. They are so well done and so different from each other.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Great project Beryl! I love your take on The Italian Job.
Lesley Xx
Hi Beryl,
Love your makes!! I think your film titles are inspirational! Loved hearing your inspiration behind each project! I think I may have to get some lessons off you re putting new digi images into "My Craft Studio" I just can't get it to work for me!!
Fab Projects! Hugs Juls
Wow Beryl you used the hot air balloons - totally speechless - you clever thing.
Ann xxx
big big wow, you excelled yourself this month Beryl. I love everything. My Bob thinks your ballon card is amazing and loves the background. Thanks for your wonderful work. I think you and Tim getting a wii is really excellent. We got one in the Summer.
Have fun . janex
Great cards and layout. Really like the first card. Anesha
Wow Beryl, these pieces are just fabulous. I love all of them, but that hot air ballon is brilliant
Beryl x
What a gorgeous cards Beryl.
Hugs Riet.x
Oh Beryl I absolutely adore your makes this month, very inventive and just so much to see and very adventurous!
Pinky
Beryl, what a lovely selection. Love the balloons though. Thanks for the message on my blog. I've had the problem before which resulted in a not too nice post and therefore I contacted blogger.com but they had no answer for me. I see it no end of the time with other peoples' blogs as well so don't know what the answer is. Kym xxx
these are awesome, as is all of your creations...very nice work here...have a wonderful week!
enjoy *~*
Each is a masterpiece ... love them all.
Jane xx
Particulary like the background of Around the World in 80 Days. Italian Job is a real fun card. Snowdon Views brought back a few memories
Beryl, these cards are all gorgeous, love the balloons and the Italian Job is great. Super photo's on your scrapbook page.
Pat xx
Hi Beryl
I had to think twice when I wroe challenge three as well, seems to have gone so quickly.
All your makes are great and difficult to pick a favorite, I like the moutains on the first, but equally the Snowdon l/o.
B x
These are all just fabulous Beryl. Love how you've done the steps on the second piece ... very inventive. Gorgeous views from Mount Snowdon! kxx
These are all lovely Beryl, a great LO!
Clairex
Morning Beryl
Oh Wow all gorgeous, I love the Stampscape stamps they remmind me so much of the PSX ones.
luv
irene
xxxx
Post a Comment