Saturday, 19 July 2008

Monotone Red

This wasn't going to be an Oriental type card at all. I started with a poppy image but got sidetracked. The pale pink background is a colour wash using Poppy Red H20. Behind the Cherry Branch (Stamp Addicts) stamp it's just blotted but on the right side I layed cling film on it till it was dry. It does leave a pattern but so feint that I don't think it shows in the photo. There's a lovely sheen too which is only evident as you move the card about. On the left is a piece of mulberry paper which I put through the cuttlebug with the paisley embossing folder. It works quite well but ended up being mostly covered. The ribbon at the top I'm not happy with but it sticks so well you don't have a second chance, so it stayed. This is my first try at making one of these knots,(with some cord I bought at Ally Pally last year.) I don't know what you are supposed to do with the ends though! I've chosen red this time for Rainbow Lady's monotone rainbow colours challenge. I suppose if I'd stuck to my original plan there would have been a fair bit of white on it so this one is more monotone.

Thanks for visiting.

Beryl xx

18 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous is the word I would use for this one Beryl. Some nice effects there.
Thanks for joining in
Love Cynthia x

Phree said...

This is lovely. I know all about things that start out as one idea in my head and end up being something else - it happens to me a lot.

Leona said...

Its gorgeous Beryl and one of my fave colours...... it suits me lol.. Its really pretty and striking...

Hugs Leona x

Carol said...

Oh beautiful...
TFS

Chrissie said...

This is such a lovely card Beryl and you have been so creative with all your different techniques, superb!

PixieHouse Creations said...

Love it!!
strange how you get an idea in your head but you go totally the other way isnt it
Wendy x

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love the Red, I never thought of monotone before.

Jac

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful Beryl - I've never thought of trying mulberry paper in the cuttlebug but I will now! Thank you for the inspiration
Ann x

RubyMay said...

Lovely card Beryl. I must say I know only too well what it's like to have an idea and then do something else ! Its worked out fine in your case hon x

Dawn said...

Beryl this is beautiful such a gorgeous stamp!

Carol said...

Thanks for visiting my blog hope all's well... still loving this card!!

Take care
:)

Rainbow Lady said...

Beryl I have left something for you on my blog
Love Cynthia x

Ann Whitfield said...

Hi Beryl - just to let you know there's something on my blog for you
Ann x

Janette said...

Oooh I love this card esp the *knot*...isnt there a name for these ??
Check my blog I am doing a blog candy
Janette
SBS20

Crafting Queen said...

What a lovely card, really like the effect.

Sam Woodruff said...

Love it...the color and the knot.Howd you do that?

Anne said...

Have a wee look on my blog Beryl - there's a surprise for you xx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card - I love the soft colours.