Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Butterfly Tree



I wanted to have a go at the new challenge Less is More. It's week two over there and the challenge this week is to make a 'One Layer Card' with a theme of either a flower or a tree. Shame on me - this is the first time this butterfly tree stamp from Elusive Images has seen any ink. I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed it - then coloured with Cosmic Shimmer paints. The greeting - also embossed is from a Serendipity set and as you can see I didn't get it central - no second chances when you're working on one layer - so I added a little butterfly to the corner.The sentiment isn't blurred IRL but the light's not too good here today and this is the best I could get it.
 I'm glad I found this challenge coz now I've got a reasonably lightweight card ot post overseas.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

30 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a lovely card Beryl, I'm so glad you joined us.
Did you see last week's tip about positioning stamps? If you can find some acetate and Lego Bricks you can make yourself a positioner. DO take a look! However, I have to say the little butterfly works well in disguising the position of the sentiment.
We have challenges every week so do join us again next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the image and colours. Beautiful crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Beryl. If you hadn't told us about the sentiment we would all think that you had designed that way. I looks perfect.
Beryl x

Annie said...

oh this is just gorgeous Beryl.
Ann xxx

Jane said...

Beautiful card x

Mandi said...

Such a pretty card Beryl
Thanks so much for entering our challenge
It's such a treat to look at everyones take on the challenge!

See you again, hopefully
mandi
"Less is More"

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the tree stamp and the greeting. Great way to add the butterfly.Thanks for the comment on my canvas. Hugs Anesha

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
this is totally gorgeous, luv the flutterby tree, sue,x

Chrissie said...

Oh Beryl, you've made such a fabulous card here. This stamp is just gorgeous and you're so brave to stamp straight onto the card, well done with your CAS cards.
lol Chrissie xx

Janet said...

Super card Beryl. Isn't it a lovely image? Must have a go at this challenge soon.

Janet xx

Pat said...

I love this stamp Beryl, its gorgeous, so are the colours you have used on the butterflies and the one next to the sentiment looks great, looks like it was definitely planned to be there.

Pat xx

Suze Bain said...

What a gorgeous image, love the sentiment too.

Lynne said...

This is a super image. Love it.
Lynne xxx

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Beryl, beautiful card and colouring I love that tree stamp. I wanted them but missed out. I just thought you'd planned your sentiment that way. Looks great to me. Hugs x ChrisB

Christine said...

WOW Beryl, this is so gorgeous, wonder why I haven't this particular stamp as I love any with butterflies.
My parchment tutor has always said, use a butterfly if you feel something isn't quite right.
Hugs xx

pinky said...

Beryl its absolutely gorgeous, what a brill stamp to have. Bet it gets a right good inking now lol.

Jules said...

This is beautiful Beryl.

A really lovely image and your sentiment is perfect alongside it.

I can't believe that this is the first time you have inked it up!! It is gorgeous.

Love Jules xx

Netty said...

Loving your card and such a great stamp and colouring. Annette

Juls said...

Love this..such a fabulous image, love your colouring, and the font of the sentiment is gorgeous! such a stylish card! Hugs Juls

lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Beryl. That image is stunning and I had to go back to see what you meant about the sentiment not being central. Your little butterfly disguised it so perfectly I didn't even notice.
Hugs Lisax

starcyl said...

Superb card Beryl, love that stamp and like others have said, if you hadn't told us the image isn't where you wanted it we wouldn't have known. Great job.
Jenny xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fancy not using this glorious stamp, glad you did, what a stunning card. janex

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous tree Beryl and beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Laura Tee said...

What a gorgeous card! Just love the colours and well, everything about it really!
Laura x

Deborah Frings said...

Such a wonderful stamp - and I love how you've coloured the butterflies. Such a lovely senitment too!!

ElizabethR said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I've still not bought that stamp set, but you have just convinced me. Love Elizabeth xxx

Martha said...

Beryl,

This butterfly tree is just absolutely stunning. Great coloring and CAS card. I thought I had commented earlier this morning, but see I got excited about the CAS blog you mentioned and forgot! : ( I think I will give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Martha

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful, it all looks like it should, gorgeous.

Susan said...

WOW! What beautiful butterflies! Gorgeous card!!

craftimamma said...

This is beautiful Beryl. Wonderful colouring on your butterflies and the image looks totally stunning given the 'simple' treatment. Like the quote too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx