Wednesday, 9 February 2011

A Bit Insipid!


'Friendship' is the theme for this week's CD Sunday Challenge. The bp is from My Craft Studio and the image is a freebie from PCcrafter that I've had for ages. The frame is a Wizard pendant die cut from pearlised paper and the 'card candy' is the same paper - stuck onto some white card to strengthen it, I then used part of a Wizard die to punch the circles, rounded them with a ball tool and stuck them on. The greeting is a Dimension Fourth stamp and the label is another Wizard die. This card looks a tad insipid to me - I don't think my choice of colours was too brilliant. Hey ho - I can always use the back of it to stamp an image onto.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

28 comments:

Juls said...

I love your card...think you are bieng overly critical of your work....I love the image and the beautiful soft colours, and the mix of patterns you have used is just fabulous!!! Hugs juls

Christine said...

Gorgeous Beryl, your colour choice is perfect, definately NOT insipid. Love the image and the die is fab.
I love it. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week and good luck in the draw.
Hugs xx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous Beryl, that's a lovely image and I like that frame very much. Hope you are ok? Love Elizabethxxx

Chrissie said...

Now just stop it Beryl!! This card does NOT look insipid at all, in fact it looks lovely!
I love the frame around your sweet girlies and all the pretty embellishments. I have this image too, just adorable.
lol Chrissie xx

Beryl K said...

It's not in the least bid insipid Beryl. Love how you have used the pendant as a frame.
Beryl x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
I love this card. I don't think the colours are insipid - I think they are subtle. The image is gorgeous. Wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats so cute, what an adorable card this one is
have a wonderful day
Hugs June x

Anne said...

Not at all Beryl, I think it looks fabulous. Hugs x

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Beryl, love the frame and pretty colours!
CLAIREXX

lisa said...

Is it really over a week since I popped over, so sorry Beryl. I've just realised how many cards I've missed. They are are all beautiful as always and I have to agree that you are being far too hard on yourself. The colours are all great. I love the green of this one.
These dark days don't help when you look at things do they. A bit of sunshine is what we need.
Hugs Lisax

pinky said...

The colours are just lovely together Beryl, it has a real spring feel about it. Love the little girls image, very cute.

starcyl said...

Now you listen to me, there is nothing insipid about this card. you are getting a little too critical with yourself I think. Love the image and I have this die but never find a way to use it that I like but maybe will try this idea. You have made a great card and it is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in with us again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

themessycraftroom said...

A very pretty card love the image and how you've framed it. Love ow you've done your little circles. Hugs x Chris B

Crafting Queen said...

Really cute card, like it! :)

Carol said...

I think you should change the title Beryl 'cos it certainly isn't insipid. Lovely card and thank you for joining us at CD Sunday. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Carol
xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card Beryl.
luv
Debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

cheerful card with a lovely image. janex

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
aww a gorgeous card, beautiful image, lovely papers & design, this would fit Totally challenge, friends, sue,x

craftimamma said...

I don't think the card is insipid at all Beryl. I love it and I think the image has a very nostalgic air to it. I'm not a pink person at all except for lovely dusky pinks like your frame and card candy.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Oooh! I can see that you're getting yourself into trouble here Beryl so I won't add to it! lol! I do like it though and I make my own 'card candy' like this too - I love being able to make it all match.
Ann x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Beryl go wash your mouth out with soapy water!! lol this card is gorgeous and i would love it if i recieved it...you always make the most amazing cards..dont be hard on yourself!!
Wendy x

Tess said...

Lovely card Beryl - and the colours are great. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

I think that your colours are lovely actually and I love the die behind your image and your home made card candy.

Beautiful image too.

Love Jules xx

Jen said...

Lovely card. Great image, so delicate and sweet. Like that die too.
Jen x

Purple Crazy said...

you're being far to critical here, Beryl, not insipid at all, it's a lovely combination and beautiful card, I've seen this frame die pop up a few times lately, think I will have to look out for it, the list keeps getting longer!! thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, Wendy xx

Janet said...

Beryl, your card is great. I like the colours, nice and fresh and your card candy is brilliant! Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Janet xx

Debs said...

Well.. I wish my cards were as insipid as yours then!! LOL Smashing card, I really really like it, and I love the colours! good luck with the CD Sunday prize draw! x

Martha said...

Beryl,

Don't you dare stamp on the back of this. It is beautiful. The pinks and greens and your coloring are lovely and restful, calming, elegant but whimsical. I like it and if you don't want it, send it to me for my BD next month! LOL! I will give it a good home. I love that Wizard die...it is perfect behind the wavy square.

Love and blessings, Martha