Thursday, 6 May 2010

Rainbow Lady's challenge 102 and anyone for Port Sunlight




This week's challenge from Rainbow Lady is 'no printed papers'. I been waiting for the chance to use this Crafter's Workshop stencil which I bought at the NEC.
I sponged through the stencil with Distress inks - mustard seed - scattered straw and spiced marmalade then oversprayed with Sunlight Mist Cosmic Shimmer spray. I sponged the edges with the spiced marmalade. The flower is made from of several layers of ready made flowers I've had in my stash for ages. Too big to use with an image but ideal (I hope) for showing off my handmade background. It's sitting on a nestie circle of orange card - also sprayed with the Cosmic shimmer. The patterned strip and the sentiment are Crafty Individuals stamps - again using the spiced marmalade. I keep thinking it needs something in the top right hand corner but a.) I don't know what and b). it would cover the background even more. I'll keep thinking on that one.
I'm off to the Happy Stampers show at Port Sunlight on Saturday. Hope to see a few familiar faces there and some not so familiar if I get the chance.
Thanks very much for calling by.
Beryl xx

15 comments:

craftimamma said...

I love this Beryl and you've used one of my favourite techniques. I love working with masks/stencils. This one is lovely.

The warm sunny colours are gorgeous too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Beryl - such vibrant colours. I wouldn't put anything in the corner. Tess x

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

All my favoutire ingredients and colours and a simply stunning piece of work.

So many people freak at the idea of no DP's, but it's such a shame as you can create some truly beautiful backgrounds with a bit of time and effort.

B x

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
Your card is gorgeous love those colours, a tip I saw on C and C, put the colour on the stencil and put it threw you cuttlebug and it will embossed as well as colour it.
Christine x

Faye said...

So gorgeous, Beryl. Your background is beautiful and the design/layout is perfect. Don't add anything.

Beryl K said...

Oh Beryl, this is just gorgeous. I don't think it needs anything else at all. Hope you have a fantastic time at Port Sunlight
Beryl x

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
lovely sunny card hun, luv the colours, the big flowers is gorgeous, sue,x

Martha said...

Beryl,

Gorgeous sunny colors on such a cheerful card. I like it just the way it is and your BP is wonderful. Don't cover it up, unless you just add a couple of green leaves or something. Great card!

Hugs, Martha

craftimamma said...

I'm back again Beryl as I've just realised I didn't read the post to the end. I must have got interrupted or something!

I personally think the card is just right and wouldn't put anything more on it. The background is too beautiful to cover any more up and the flower embellishment also is beautiful and doesn't need anything to detract from it.

I also noticed the mention of Port Sunlight which I missed first time round (think I need new glasses,Lol). I'm travelling up tomorrow night with my friend Jo and we're staying nearby so that we can be there hopefully bright and early. I've never been before (Jo has been once last year) and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm very bad at picking out people I've only seen in photos when there is a big crowd but I will try to keep any eye out for you. Hope we have more luck this time than we did at the NEC.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wow, fab design and zingy colours, love the background, stunning. janex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janet said...

Stencilled background is superb. Lovely colours and a really cheery card!

Janet xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Beryl this is awesome the colours that stencilled background and that flower what a wonderful combination love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love the vibrant colour of this card, stunning. Anesha

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous Beryl just a super background love it and the colours too. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x