Monday, 24 May 2010

Bah Humbug meets Sunday CD



Time's still a bit short for me at the moment so I've combined two challenges this week. The ladies at
 Bah Humbug want to see 'ribbon' on our creations and the subject on the CD Sunday challenge this week is 'elegant ladies'.
The 'elegant lady is from a Debbie Moore cd, mounted onto mirri card,which in turn is mounted onto a piece of white card which I've stamped randomly with a Clarity corner stamp and then inked the edges with the same Distress ink. I've also added some glitter to the dress. The gold embossed swirl in the corner is a U Mount stamp - and is finished off with some green gems . The ribbon is from my stash.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

29 comments:

Tess said...

Lovely card Beryl - gorgeous image and stunning colour. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
Certainly elegant lady and a beautiful card, just love all of it, I must have a look at my c.d's I forget how many I have of D. Moore and never use them.
Stunning
Christine x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
Now this is one classy card. I love the elegant image and the swirls are awesome. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftimamma said...

Well she's certainly very elegant Beryl and so is the card. I love the piece of stamped card behind the lady too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Beryl,it goes to show you can mix digi images off CD's and stamping.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Ann said...

This is very elegant Beryl. I really like these ladies. I might use of of the ladies for my daughters BD next month.
Ann x

having a {me} day said...

Oh very elegant and beautiful! kxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card - love the lay out. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Beryl this is just so elegant and classy what a wonderful image and loving that stamping and the bling this is a wow card for sure

Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Beryl, hope you are doing well. Anesha

starcyl said...

I do like this Beryl, never thought of using this cd for Christmas so glad I came over for a look. I've only used this cd once but I like how you have used it and that swirly stamp is fab might have to buy that one, Thanks for joining in with at CD Sunday this week.

Jenny xx

Claire said...

Wow Beryl, a real beauty. Love the oolours and the way you've used the ribbon is fab
Claire xx

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Beryl and a good idea combining the two challenges.
Love this image and the CD, your background is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx

Jackie said...

It's beautiful Beryl. I love working with those ladies, they are so elegant.
I hope you are ok. x:)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Of course we don't mind you combining challanges - the more the merrier.

What a truly stunning and elegant card. Gorgeous colours and a beautiful image. I love how you have used the ribbon and the sparkly gems - perfect.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah! Humbug!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Beryl, great image and love the absolutely gorgeous swirl.

Pat xx

Max said...

Stunning Beryl - beautifully combined elements which produce a really elegant card anyone would love to receive. Thank you for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Martha said...

WOW, your lady is very lovely and I love the corners of the piece she is on! I will need to study what you did again as I really like the look. The layout using the ribbon down one side but not all the way is a terrific design idea. Great card.

Hugs, Martha

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card Beryl, just so elegant. janex

Janet said...

These vintage ladies are so lovely! A very beautiful and elegant card.

Janet xx

Lavender Rose said...

What a lovely card, the layout is really effective and great colours. I should probably give the CD Sunday challenge a try, as I can't resist buying craft CDs but only get as far as browsing the images...when it's time to make I card I always turn to stamps! You have inspired me!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Classy and elegant card Beryl - the colours and the image are stunning. Love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Annie said...

oh this is gorgeous Beryl - love the way you have combined the stamps and the CD - it works so well.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

chris said...

Hi there Beryl
so sophisticated I love it.
hugs chris xx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

I am blog hop catch-up .. .. .. where does the time go?

Your card is lovely. Great layout and colours. (I would love a dress like that - and somewhere to go that warranted wearing it LOL!!!).

Oh, and yes, I agree. A fairy to appear overnight to put the inserts into our cards would be lovely.

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend. I hope you get chance to "chill" a bit.

Love Jules xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Very elegant Beryl and I love the colours you've used.
Ann x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Last night the Unthanks 10 out of 10, fabulous and the venue I could highly recomend. Made many cards today, just not posted, oven instaled at last. Rain rain, where's the sun?
hope your keeping ok, big hugs. janex

Jane's Blogs said...

Love everything about this card, but particularly that swirl.

Jane xx