Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Bah Humbug #18


Over on the Bah Humbug challenge sight they want to see some punched borders this week. I've used a Martha Stewart punch for my borders, some paper from a Crafters Companion cd and an image which was given to me by Jem which has been coloured with Promarkers. It should have been a quick card to make but as I dropped a Promarkers (nib down) on the base card - which was red - I then had to find a way of disguising it - hence the blue snowflake paper layer. I hate it when that happens.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

13 comments:

pinky said...

Well its more like a happy accident then Beryl, that papers is lovely with the red and white. Love that image but can't bring myself to make Christmas cards just yet lol.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
lovely card, cute image and I just love that border punch, thanks for your lovely comment the other day.
Christine x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, really like the punched borders. Anesha

Janet said...

Despite the accident a very fine Christmas card is the result!! Well done.

Janet xx

Martha said...

Beryl, I think the addition of the blue snowflake paper is wonderful. I love reds and blues together and it seems to set your image off and makes it "feel" chilly! Some accidents have great results and this one did. I love that MS punch and have been trying to get that set. but it is sold out every where over here. Grrr!
Great card! Love, Martha

craftimamma said...

Accident or not Beryl, you still turned out a fabulous card. The image is really sweet and you've coloured it beautifully as always.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable card Beryl, what a fab accident cos I love the snowflake papers.
luv
Debby

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

Oh this is just perfect for our challange, the borders are fantastic. And I like your happy accident very much as the blue paper is a great contrast to the red. Your image is perfect and wonderfully coloured in. All ties up nicely with the ribbon.

Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!

luvirene
xxxx

Max said...

The vibrant red and icy blue make for a stunning combination Beryl. You have created a lovely effect using the punch on both colours too. Thank you for joining in at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Annie said...

oh what a great image and card. Love the border work - just brill altogether.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Cheryl said...

I think it turned out lovely!

Janette said...

A really great card Beryl