Third post in less than a week. Can you tell I'm hiding indoors? I've followed the sketch for this month's Stamping Sensations challenge -which is either the sketch, summer colours or both. The hibiscus flowers are Sparkle n Sprinkle stamps - bought from Joanna Sheen quite a few years ago. I've coloured them with Promarkers and given them a coat of Spray and Shine after. Around the main image I used a Stampscapes texture stamp in Cloudy Blue Adirondack to tone down the white card.The next layer back is some Conqueror paper (from Staples), coloured with Wild Honey Distress ink and over stamped with a Chocolate Baroque background stamp and a Whispers Archival (Butterscotch) ink. The corners are from a crafty friend - really must get that Spellbinders set - and the bp is from a Papermania paper pad that I've had for yonks.
And now for the real thing.
I've had this hibiscus since the early nineties and it produces enormous blooms - sometimes over six inches across. It's just coming into flower at the moment but so far only single blooms. I think it preferred the conservatory in Wales but it did suffer with red spider might there - not so here so far. I'm hoping once it gets used to it's new environment it will treat me to some double blooms once again.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Update. Yeah! The two buds that opened at lunchtime are doubles. Pity they don't last long.


15 comments:
Hi Beryl, I love the card with the hibiscus, and the real thing. Have bought a hibiscus for the garden this year. Hoping it's not to cold for it (well not at the moment).
Sue x
Beautiful flowers, Beryl, both the real and the fake ones! Lovely colours, and a really pretty card too. A gorgeous take on the sketch. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Lynne
Beautiful card. What a super flower. Thankfully have a lovely cool breeze today so it's not as bad as yesterday.
Hi Beryl, beautiful flowers. Love your card and your beautiful plant. It's such a pretty colour. Hugs x ChrisB
WOW! What a fantastic job you have done with this hibiscus. The colours are so striking, really gorgeous. We have lots of these in our garden in Cape Town. Michelle x
Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations
hugs
Francesca x
Beautiful card Beryl, I love the image the colours and those corners.
Kevin xx
Beautiful card Beryl, love the colour of the flowers so bright and cheery. Your hibiscus is gorgeous hope you get loads more flowers on it.
Pat xx
I love your card Beryl. Beautiful colour coordination and lovely image too. Your real flower is breathtaking so cannot image what it must look like as a double! I've always wanted an hibiscus but never dared 'cos I know I'd kill it.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
PS I've been hiding all week too but haven't been able to craft .... 40c in craft room all week plus the heat has drained me of all energy. Fed up now!
Hi Beryl
A gorgeous flower and an equally gorgeous card too.
Loving the colours of the "real thing"! It is a real stunner.
I don't soak up the sun either. When it is this warm indoors is fine for me! LOL!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xx
Hello Beryl
Oh Wow what a stunning card, the flower image is gorgeous and I love your delicte blue background. Your design papers are brilliant and I love the dotty brads.
I buy my SU goodies from here
http://craftingclare.blogspot.co.uk/
This may cost you a fortune LoL.
luv
irene
xxxx
Hi Beryl,
Sorry I've been such a bad blogger the last few weeks and hands up and admit this is mostly copy and paste, but just wanted to thank you for your visits whilst I have been poorly and say hello, hopefully when we return from holiday I will back to normal - whatever that is !
And thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.
B x
This is gorgeous Beryl such pretty papers and fabulous flowers. Your real Hibiscus flower is beautiful, I'm so pleased you got some double blooms.
Pauline
x
Gorgeous creation, thank you for joining Stamping Sensations. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Lovely flowers, Gorgeous colours and a fabulous take on our sketch, Beryl! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!
Post a Comment