I'm hoping Mr Blogger will post this for me nocely as I'll be away on a ceroc weekend dancing my socks off over the weekend.
It's Jocelyn choice for the theme over on the CD Sunday challenge blog this week - and she has chosen 'Sugar and Spice'. So where's there any evidence of that I can sense you wondering. It's in the ink! I made an embossed background with one of Ali Reeve's masks and the Cuttlebug and then coloured it with Spun SUGAR and SPICED Marmalade Distress inks. I know - what a cheat - but I'm not into cutsie at the moment really. The image is from MCS Fanciful Florals CD and the sentiment is put together from a set of Rubbadubbadoo magnetic stamps.The flowers I made using my Nellie Snellen punches, coloured with the same inks and the 'stem' is a Marianne die. The butterflies were in a parcel of bits and bobs from my friend Martha who lives in America.
I hope you find time to join us this week - and if you do - please don't forget to mention which CD you have used when making your project.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

20 comments:
You've brought Spring to us Beryl ! So very fresh and pretty.
So cold here still and not sure what today has planned, the daffs are just showing their flower head, usually those ones are long since finished.
Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.
B x
Hope you are having a great weekend. Love the card those flowers are lovely. Happy Easter.
What a wonderful card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
A beautiful card Beryl, and what a clever way to use the Sugar and Spice elements!
Hope you are having a great time at your dance weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xxx
And here's me thinking you had lost the plot, lol. Lovely card and it fits the theme but in a totally different way.
Jenny xx
A beautiful card Beryl and a good 'take' on this week's theme.
Sadly I don't have my Distress Inks here or I may have followed your idea. Hope you have had a fantastic weekend dancing.
Christine xx
hi Beryl, hope you're enjoying your weekend, at least you'll burn up all those Easter Egg calories with so much dancing. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and such a clever interpretation of the theme. Really beautiful
Claire xx
I love your take on the challenge this week Beryl, it shows that it doesn't have to be cute. How lucky you are to have a friend send you such gorgeous butterflies.
Sue x
Beautiful card Beryl, I like the flowers the embossing and the butterflies
Kevin xx
Ha! Ha! What a clever take on the challenge Beryl and a lovely card as a result! That's a very pretty image on the topper too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and don't come back with sore feet, lol!
Hugs
Lesley XX
A beauitful card, love your pretty flowers and butterflies. Hope you have had a great time. Hugs x ChrisB
Oh this is beautiful Beryl, love the butterflies and flowers.
luv
Debby
Beutiful card Beryl, I love the way you have interpreted "Sugar and Spice" well done. Hope you enjoyed the dancing.
Pat xx
A lovely card Beryl, a pretty imaage and gorgeous warm colours, great take on the theme.
I hope you had a fabulous weekend 'dancing our socks off'.
Pauline
x
Hi Beryl. I love your interpretation of the theme this week - very clever. It's always interesting to see a different twist on things :-)
Jocelyn xx
Hi Beryl, clever take on the challenge and what a classically elegant card in beautiful colours.
Marina
Well this is thinking outside the box and so cleaver and beautiful, love it xx
A beautiful Spring card Beryl, and such a brilliant idea to use colours.
Hope your dancing went well.
luv
irene
xxxx
This is such a beautiful card Beryl. Love the colours. Hope you enjoyed your dancing weekend. Michelle x
This is a real beauty Beryl, love the butterflies. Crikey you are one busy lady, always having fun!!
Post a Comment