Tuesday, 19 March 2013

I little bird told me......



The Stamping Sensations challenge for March is 'The Great Outdoors' and I've decided to go for a 'garden' theme. For the background I used Distress Inks Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet, splodged onto the craft mat and used to colour the backing paper. I then over stamped it with the same inks using a Chocolate Baroque (EI) background stamp randomly.
For the main image I used a background stamp by Impression Obsessions - stamped with Versamark and coloured with Pan Pastels. If you click on it for a larger view you'll see that the stamp has a 'textured' look to it as well as the clouds.The bird table is a Chocolate Baroque (EI) stamp, the corner branch and the flower border are Hobby Art Stamps and the slightly taller flowers are a Clarity stamp. The birds are Stampscape and the sentiment is made using my set of magnetic words stamps from Rubbadubbadoo. It's finished of with a die cut picket fence (very old die and lost original packaging but may be Xcut), some ribbon from my stash and a Memory Box corner.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card, great design. :)

Christine B. said...

Love, love, love this card it's so pretty. The background is lovely and those little birds are so pretty on that birdtable. Gorgeous card. Hugs x ChrisB

Claire said...

Gorgeous garden scene Beryl, love that background stamp and all the foliage and the little fence frame to scene beautifully
Claire xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Beryl, I like the image the fence and the corner die.
Kevin xx

brenda said...

It's a perfect garden scene Beryl, I can almost feel the summer day and you know how much I love silhouette stamps.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, with a lovely spring feel to it too. I just wished it was like that outside my door at the moment instead of the rain thats falling. I love the textured background stamp you've used.

Sue x

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, love your stamps. I am missing my Splodge Mat, Pan Pastels and Stamps.
However on the good side, our weather is superb. Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs
Christine xx

pinky said...

I love your beautiful card Beryl! You have created such a gorgeous scene. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

lisa said...

There's lots to look at on your beautiful card, Beryl. I love how you've created the background and that stamp is gorgeous. Love the clouds!
Do you like your pan pastels? I've been debating whether to give them a go. I love the soft look they give!
Hugs Lisax

Lynne K said...

What a lovely scene, Beryl! A gorgeous image and a beautiful background have made it a most appealing card. The picket fence finishes it all off perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations, and good luck.

Lynne

cotnob said...

This is lovely Beryl, you have created such a delightful scene with so many lovely details.
Pauline
x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful card Beryl.
luv
Debby

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, the image is beautiful and the bp is such a lovely colour.

Pat xx

Michelle J M said...

Oh I do like this Beryl, lovely card. Also love your Petals and Wings for CD Sunday, such beautiful colours. Michelle x

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love the way your stamping and die cuts work so well together. xx Flora

Irene said...

A beautiful card Beryl, the background is stunning, and such a
brilliant scene.
luv
irene
xxxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sally H said...

Such a gorgeous scene Beryl! Beautifully done. Thanks for joining in our 'Great Outdoors' challenge at Stamping sensations and good luck!

craftimamma said...

Oh, this is fabulous Beryl. What a beautiful garden scene. I did click for the zoom in and that cloud stamp is awesome. Love the texture on it! I was wondering how you'd got the clouds so perfect until I read down the post. I love the background paper you made too. Truly a very special card!

Hugs
Lesley Xx