Saturday, 18 December 2010

Well the Photo's Vintage





This week's challenge from Rainbow Lady is ' Make it a Vintage Delight'. I've come across this photo of my kids - which is in itself a vintage item - taken about 38 years ago I reckon - and decided to make an 8 x 8 scrapbook page with it. If it prints out OK they'll all get a copy on a HUGE card.  I tried to make everything sepia toned - the photo, papers and embellishments but just didn't like it so have opted for the original photo colours which also meant changing the colour scheme of the page. It's all done in Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist and probably took me as long - if not longer - than using papers punches and dst.
Thanks for visiting today.
Beryl xx





22 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
aww what a fabulous page, that will bring a smile to their faces,wishing you a very Merry Christmas & Happy Healthy New Year, sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
What a beautifully coloured and embellished mount for a precious photograph. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rainbow Lady said...

Well worth the time it took Beryl as it has made a lovely page. Super photo too. Thanks for your entry Love Cynthia x

brenda said...

Hi there Beryl

Another great card.

Hope you are nearly ready for the big day.

B x

lisa said...

What a great page, Beryl, I love the photo, you can certainly tell they are brothers and sisters.
I'm glad you had a great time with your family and got back before all the snow. You've certainly had far more than us this time, we only have a sprinkle although it's freezing cold.
I keep all my tags in a little display book but i've just bought a Christmas card string with little pegs for next to nothing & I intend to put it up in my craft room and hand the tags from it. I couldn't part with them on gifts, I'm afraid I'm with you on the wrapping front. After all it only goes in the bin!!!!!
Stay safe and warm and enjoy your weekend.
hugs Lisax

Martha said...

Beryl,

What a precious photo of your children! They were all such cute kids with their little button noses and impish eyes! Love it and know they will too. A great gift idea and they can frame the whole page if they wish. Well worth the time!

Love and Holiday blessings, Martha

Juls said...

this is fab!!! such a gorgeous page! Hugs Juls

themessycraftroom said...

Gorgeous Beryl, a really lovely page and lovely gift to treasure. Well worth all the trouble you took. I bet they love it. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and your family. Hugs x Chris B

Ann said...

Merry Christmas Beryl. That is a lovely scrapbook page.
Ann

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Beryl.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful Beryl.

Hugs Riet.x

Pat said...

Oh Beryl what a gorgeous scrapbook page and a really lovely photo of your children, the colours are great.

Pat xx

Lavender Rose said...

Fabulous!!!!!! I hope it prints out well as they will love copies made into cards I'm sure. Those flowers look very dimensional, hard to believe it's all digital.

Chrissie said...

Oh Beryl this is just fabulous and I'm sure they'll all be really thrilled with their very personal cards.

Jen said...

What a lovely page Beryl, one to treasure. The flowers and swirly leaves look fab.
Jen x

Christine said...

Lovely photos Beryl, I am sure your 'kids' will treasure the card they receive. Fab flowers and swirls too.
Christine xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful layout Beryl, and such an adorable photo. Hope you had an enjoyable holiday - Love, Sylvia xxx
PS: Love your new blog background!

pinky said...

Ah thats so cute, the kids will be fighting over it. And I love that they all have your beautiful hair colouring Beryl.

Janet said...

Fabulous page Beryl. Three musketeers with lovely auburn hair. One to treasure.

Janet xx

chris said...

Oh Beryl this is fabulous, what is it about old photos that just get us all going just seeing this reminded me of one of my brother and sister and myself took in the 70's .love the colour of there hair too. its very special. hugs chris xx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hi Beryl, ohhh its so good to be able to blog hop again. love the page you have made totally gorgeous, you have made such lovely cards ive missed soo much
will be back again soon
Happy christmas to you and ahappy 2011
Wendy x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a super idea, your page is gorgeous and the kids look adorable.Have a super great Christmas and New Year. janex