Monday, 5 April 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge #12


This is my card for the current Bah Humbug challenge - 'Embossing'. I've used embossing paste with this Christmas Tree stencil and covered with white glitter. I've used the outside bit of a Nestie cut out to make a frame and the bp is a piece of very old Papermania paper which has been sprayed with Crafter's Companion Glitter spray to jazz it up. It's quite sparkly IRL but doesn't show up on the piccie. The ribbon is from my stash and the base card is black.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

20 comments:

Annie said...

I used embossing paste and the sparkle is amazing in real life so I can imagine how stunning yours looks Beryl. A great card and I love that tree stencil.
Ann xxx

Pat said...

Lovely card Beryl, never tried embossing paste, but this looks really effective.

Pat xx

Pat said...

Lovely card Beryl, never tried embossing paste, but this looks really effective.

Pat xx

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

What a fantastic card. Your Christms tree is gorgeous and you have used a technique I've not tried as yet. Blue and Black go so well together.

Many thanks for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah! Humbug!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card. I think someone should invent 'sparkly-vision' one day :o)
Sandra x

Rainbow Lady said...

'Tis a lovely card nice and clear and as they say less is more. This is so true in this case. Love Cynthia x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
i love theembossing on the tree image and the way you have created the frame. Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

pinky said...

Oh Beryl, love the effect of this paste. I have a stencil and I have the paste yet I have never tried it lol. Just gorgeous.
pinky

Max said...

That's a gorgeous stencil Beryl and the turquoise and black combination is stunning.
Thank you for playing along with us again at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the prize draw.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful, simple and has a designer look to it Beryl I have just looked at your other card as well which is stunning

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Beryl, I've never used embossing paste, must give it a go cos it looks really good.
Beryl x

Anne said...

Stunning Beryl! Never tried that technique so far - it's on that neverending to do list! Thanks for sharing. Hugs xx

having a {me} day said...

This looks fabs Beryl! I haven't even heard of embossing paste. Sounds like I might need some :-) Happy Easter! keeleyxx

Ann Whitfield said...

This will be delightful when the lighting we tend to favour at Chridtmas catches it Beryl, it's just lovely.
Ann x

Janette said...

This is lovely Beryl, I have not tried this technique yet, it's really effective.
Janette

Martha said...

What a lovely tree image. I like the offset position on the card. Wonderful non-traditional colors. SMASHING card (to use one of your words!LOL)

Love and hugs, Martha

Janet said...

Stunning in its simplicity. Lots of work of course, but it looks so simply done. I like this very much.

Janet xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - thanks for visting tonight - I too am trying to catch up with my blog visits, and feel quite guilty when I don't get around to everyone as often as I would like.

This is such a beautiful Xmas card and I love the background paper - the glitter spray sounds like a great idea (something else for my Wish List)!! Superb embossed tree and a very clever Nestie frame too!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Beryl. Hugs Rita xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

very chic and grown up.
looking forward to seeing you at the happy stamper, 7 going from church.gardening and garden spending today. janex