Sunday, 25 April 2010

April Showers



Thanks to a soggy day here I've managed to make a card for Rainbow Lady's challenge in good time this week. It's her 100th challenge already and this time the subject is 'April Showers'. I've used this House Mouse stamp which I've had for a while  but not had the occasion to use - until now. It's been stamped with Versafine, clear embossed and then coloured with water colour pencils. The rain was then highlighted with a clear stardust pen.
The sentiment is a Hobby Art clear stamp and the bp is a piece of Funky Fairies (freebie) paper - overstamped with some echinacea flowers head stamps by Crafty Individuals. The strip to the left of the sentiment was a piece of glimmer misted card that's been hanging about - put through the Cuttlebug.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

22 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Your card is gorgeous.

A fantastic image and equally brilliant sentiment.

Love your colour choices too.

Love Jules xx

starcyl said...

I love this one Beryl, such cute mice and the sentiment is one we should all adopt.

Jenny x

Beryl K said...

This is just fabulous Beryl, I love that image and the sentiment as well.
Like how you have overstamped your bp with that flower stamp, never knew what it was called before - I don't do gardening lol
Beryl x

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
oh hun this is just gorgeous, my fav stamps, great colouring, luv the sentiment,beautiful papers,sue,x

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

We got the rain as well this morning, some sun this afternoon and now the skys like thunder - you know how it gets here in the Fens.

Your mousey card is very fitting and very cute indeed.

B x

craftimamma said...

This is wonderful Beryl! Those adorable little mice (my favourite little creatures) are beautifully coloured and perfect for the challenge theme.

I really love this one!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Beryl - what a great stamp and perfect for the challenge. Tess x

pinky said...

Beryl this is just brilliant, have a real liking for these hm images at the minute and your colouring of this one is gorgeous. We had a dull, then sunny then wet now cold day, am I spoiled or what lol.
Pinky

Juls said...

love love love LOVE it!!!! gorgeous image, loving the backing paper too!!! and the sentiment is just fab! Hugs Juls

Tracy said...

Lovely card, put together wonderfully. Tracy x

Val said...

How cute is this ! I love the colouring with the watercolour pencils - haven't used mine for a while.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments.
Hugs
Valxx

Faye said...

Beryl, what a wonderful entry to april showers challenge! I love the way the rain is bouncing off the umbrellas/flowers the mice are holding. And the text is just great. Love the whole card.

debby4000 said...

Oh adorable card Beryl, such a sweet image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Beryl, love the background and earthy colours
Clairexx

having a {me} day said...

What a fun card! Love the image and the sentiment is just perfect :-) keeleyxx

Martha said...

Hi Beryl, Wonderful card and perfect saying to go with it! A great tribute to the 100th challenge from the Rainbow Lady. Makes me want to pull out some of my lonely House Mouse stamps. I am still recovering from 2 1/2 weeks of coughing, blowing, sneezing and ear problems. But it looks like I will live a little longer. LOL!

Love, Martha

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Beryl I love it, love it this is one fabulous card that image the stamped background awesome work

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pat said...

Stunning card Beryl, I love that stamp, not seen it before but its gorgeous, goes really well with the sentiment too. Great backing papers too.

Pat xx

Rainbow Lady said...

I am glad it rained on you Beryl so you could make this gorgeous cute card. Lovely. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Janet said...

Brilliant! Lovely image - I can almost feel the water finding the holes in my wellies!

Janet xx

Annie said...

such a sweet image - I love the little mice with their flower umbrellas!
hugs, annie x