Saturday, 13 March 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge #10



Challenge #10 from Crafty Ann is a colour challenge. Your project must include lemon, link and lilac. You can use other colours too but must include these three. I have used the Rosebud Posy from Crafty Ann's digi shop and have printed it in MCS with a background of paper from the Pastel Polished Stone Collection. I printed the rosebud out again and after colouring with Inktense pencils and Cosmic Shimmer (for the bow) - decoupaged it onto the main piece. The striped background is from a Graphicus Guild paper pack and the border across the centre is some lemon card punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The flowers were punched from my Nellie Snellen flower punches and then spritzed with glimmer mist. The little punched butterfly was part of a loads of punched shapes sent to me by my friend Martha - who lives in the States.
Sentiment - computer generated and both mats were cut from Nestie dies.
I do hope you'll come and join in this time - as usual Ann will be giving away some of her digis as a prize to some lucky entrant.
Thank you for visiting today. I did have one evening this week playing catch up on the latest on the blogs but sadly didn't get all the way round. Will try to do better this week.
Beryl xx

21 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
a beautiful card, has the feel of spring, luv all the detail, sue,x

Claire said...

Beautiful card Beryl,you really have a knack with colour.
Claire xx

Janette said...

This sis a really pretty card Beryl.
Janette

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, love the flowers. Anesha :)

Martha said...

Hello Beryl, I get to be first! Your card is sweet! Love the BP and the image and the misted color on your flowers. Happy Mum's Day Sunday. We don't celebrate until May. I will write an email after this and see how you are doing. Love, Martha

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
What a beautifully crafted card. I love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Beryl K said...

This is beautiful Beryl, I hope things are going OK for you
Beryl x

Anne said...

Fantastic card Beryl, love it! Hugs x

iReneM said...

A stunning card, Beryl.
I think stipes are quite elegant.
I love the colours of the rose bouquet and the MS border, butterfly and wonderfully coloured flowers are a perfect finish.

x

pinky said...

Its lovely Beryl and nice to be able to see some of your lovely cards again. Know I have lemon and lilac, not sure about the link though lol.
Pinky

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card Beryl, I love how you've coloured and used this image and have enjoyed reading how you did it all. We do understand you have a lot on your plate just now my friend.
Ann x

craftimamma said...

He Beryl, Lovely to see a post and a beautiful card it is too. It's a lovely image and those Nellie Snellen punches are wonderful. I have never actually seen any of those punches yet but will be on the lookout at the NEC and Alexander Palace over the next few weeks.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Beryl, a lovely colour combo!
Clairex

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really lovely Beryl. It is so calming and serene. Cathy xxx

Janet said...

Love your use of the striped background paper. A perfect Mother's Day card - a gift in itself!

Janet xx

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the combo of all the different florals! Hugs Juls

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Love your card Beryl, the nellie snellies look fab, lovely image,very pretty.
Hope your ok, thinking of you. janex

Ann said...

This is a lovely card Beryl, very pretty.
Ann x

Pat said...

Really gorgeous card Beryl, love the spritzed flowers they are lovely, as is your decoupaging of the posy.

Pat xx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Please don't apologise for not being around my blog - I have hardly been around anywhere in about 2 weeks.

Life very manic here - hopefully I will catch up with everyone soon.

Your card is gorgeous and is set off beautifully by that Martha Stewart punch.

Love Jules xx

Annie said...

Beryl this is beautiful - love that punch - it's the one Susan let me use at Slimming.
The Kanban stamps can be seen here...
http://www.kanbancrafts.com/detail.php?cat=43&subcat=15
and I'm afraid when I went to get the link for you I noticed they do a CD of backgrounds to go with the stamps - sheeeeeeeeeeesh oh no now what have you done.
Bad Beryl.
lol
Ann xxx