It's challenge #11 over on the Bah Humbug challenge blog already and this week they want to see some peel offs. This is my third attempt at making a card starting with the peel off element. They usually go on as a last ditch effort to finish something off. The first two ideas ended up in the bin and even now I'm not impressed with the result - but it's the sort of neat card my daughter-in-law likes, so I expect I'll be giving it to her to send someone. I've coloured the candles and flowers with Sakura Silver/Gold shadow pens and edged the square matt with a purple ink pad. (This was done with the second card in mind but I still decided to use it for this one.) It's then backed onto a piece of gold mirri. The black layer is some matt card from Crafters Companion. Then it's finished off with peel off corners.
I have managed to do some blog hopping - last night and a little today. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things - it's not good when I know I'm missing so many lovely creations in blogland.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

14 comments:
Hi Beryl
Im as bad, havent been over in ages, hows the packing going? see you our getting ahead with you xmas cards I started the year off well and then got side tracked.
Happy crafting
Christine x
Very elegant card Beryl, clean and simple! Hugs x
I think it's beautiful! xxD
It was a challenge this week wasn't it? Love your card though Beryl, really effective
Claire xx
Hi Beryl,
I love the simplicity of this card and I think it is elegant and well done. Glad you are home and "back". I love looking at your blog. What MS punches did you recently add and what other goodies did you find? I have just aquired some books and patterns for Pergamano and Paper Piercing, both of which I have never tried before. Have you done any of either? Great card...and I know it will be appreciated.
Martha
It's beautiful Beryl - very classy. I'm sure it will be appreciated - I especially love those border peel offs - stunning.
Thanks for finding the time to join in again this week - it will be prize time again on Friday so miss out on that will you.
Ann xxx
Hiya Beryl, know what you mean about peeloffs, use to make cards with them all the time and now they are more for finishing as you say. But I have to say this has come out pretty nice, like the colouring of them. Hope you are keeping well mrs, missing you about the place.
Pinky
Well done Beryl - your perserverance paid off - the card is great. Those corner peel-offs are just perfect.
I admire anyone who can make a decent card from peel offs Beryl because I find it really difficult but you've really succeeded here. Well done.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Your not the only one missing out Beryl I have a lot of catching up to do, but together we will get there.
Love what you have created with peel offs
Hello Beryl
Oh this is just gorgeous, I love black and gold together as it makes such an elegant card. The little stars dotted around are fabulous.
Thanks for joining in our latest challange.
luv
irene
Bah!Humbug!
A beautiful card Beryl - we don't often use peel-offs as the main image do we, but they can be so effective. Love your design for this Xmas card, and I hope you had a great time at the NEC.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx
This is really quite elegant Beryl.xxx
Lovely card,looks effective. Have a great Easter weekend. Anesha
Post a Comment