Friday, 26 March 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge #11


As I'll be in Stoke on Trent staying with my daughter when Crafty Ann's challenge #11 starts I've scheduled this post. I'm leaving for Stoke on Thursday, visiting the NEC on Saturday and heading home on Sunday - a nice little break methinks.
This latest challenge is to make a card, gift or memento for a someone special to you. The card above was made for my daughter's birthday this week. The cupcake image is from Crafty Ann - coloured with Promarkers and the pink bp is actually from Crafty Ann's Embossed hearts paper collection but the sun was shining full on the card and in the piccie the embossing doesn't show up. By the time I realised it was too late as the card had already gone in the post. The border across the bottom was made using a Martha Stewart border punch and the flowers are a mixture of Prima and Nellie Snellen punched. The corners are a Cuttlebug corner die and the hearts a small heart punch (make unknown). The sentiment is a clear stamp by DewDrop Craftz. I hope you'll come and join in the challenge. As usual Ann will be giving away some of her digis as a prize. 
Thanks very much for visiting.

22 comments:

Jane's Blogs said...

Absolutely stunning card. Love everything about it.

Jane xx

Ann Whitfield said...

I bet your daughter loved this Beryl! It's absolutely gorgeous and now that we know who it's for, the sentiment makes perfect sense...lol! Gorgeous card and I hope you have a lovely break.
Ann x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card.xxx

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Beryl. Bet your daughter loved it especially as it's sweet but no calories, Lol. Have a good time this weekend.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftybren said...

Brilliant Beryl and I love the sentiment too

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl
gorgeous card, love all the punched effect great detail and sentiment, your daughter will love it.
Christine x

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
gorgeous card yummy image, beautiful layout, sue,x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Beryl x
Beryl x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, hope you have fun at the NEC. Anesha

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Yummy card Beryl, hope you have a lovely time with your daughter and a great time at the Nec, buying lots of craft goodies. janex

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely Beryl it looks good enough to eat. Cathy xxxx

pinky said...

Its just gorgeous Beryl, yummy cupcake, hopefully you will have a few of the real ones this weekend. Have fun and do spend lots lol.
Pinky

Chrissie said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, I'm sure your daughter will love it too.
Have a wonderful time at the NEC, I'll keep telling myself that I'm NOT jealous! LOL!

Pat said...

Stunning card Beryl, lovely image and great use of the border punch. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

lisa said...

Hi Beryl. I've just been having a catch up with what you've been up to lately.
Hope all the house stuff is going well and you have a great weekend with your family.
Your cards are all gorgeous. I love the cupcake. It's making me feel hungry.

Lisax

Martha said...

Your daughter is blessed to have a sweet "mum" to make her such lovely cards. I can see the sparkles on the hearts and a tiny bit of the embossing on the cupcake. Great work and perfect message. Would that all calories could be good for us. LOL! Hope you are having a wonderful break and wish I were a little mouse in your pocket at the Craft Fair so I could see all the treasures you will see. Tell us all about it! Happy hugs, Martha

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Beryl and the colours and design are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Juls said...

Hi Beryl, this is just gorgeous!!! Love the cupcake!! and fab colour combo!! gorgeous love it! Hugs Juls

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Beautiful card for your daughter, sure she will adore it. And are't these easel card just wonderful for display. I am am loving them.

Have a good weekend.

B x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card, love the yummy cupcake.
luv
Debby

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Beryl.
Janette

Janet said...

Super card Beryl. Love the sentiment too - very amusing!

Janet xx