Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Frogs in My Garden too....



Rainbow Lady's challenge this week 'In my Garden I See' gives me the chance to show you this gorgeous frog stamp that I got from my visit to the Stamp Addicts shop last year. At this time of year we are lucky enough to be surrounded by frogs and toads all coming to visit our fish pond. Each year there seem to be more and more - I guess the ones who manage to survive each year come back to their hatching place. While they are spawning we have to watch where we walk and at night time have to take a torch so as not to stomp any. When the young leave the pond they are like flies hopping all round the house. I love it.
The image is coloured with Promarkers and the background with chalks. The text stamp is by Serendipity.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

craftimamma said...

This is great Beryl. What a smashing image and you've coloured him beautifully. I love frogs and toads too, as long as they don't jump out at me unexpectedly like the toad that had hibernated in our garage did last year. I nearly had a heart attack, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the gorgeous colours, and the fab bamboo in the background!! the frog is just too sweet!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Great card Beryl - what a super stamp. Tess x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
What a super card this is. I love that image. This would be a fantastic man card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

lisa said...

He's a lovely frog, Beryl. It always amazes me that out of so much frogspawn not many frogs appear in relation, although it sounds like you get plenty. We have a few hopping around the garden, although we have no pond. There is a buried stream and I think they must live there.


Lisax

Rainbow Lady said...

Super card Beryl and a great frog methinks. Thanks for playing again Love Cynthia x

Claire said...

Awww what a cute frog, he makes a gorgeous card Beryl. Love it!!
Claire xx

Janette said...

I love this image Beryl and your card is gorgeous. The tiny frogs are so cute aren't they.
Janette

Ann Whitfield said...

What a fabulous stamp Beryl! I love the card and your story too.
Ann x

Doreen said...

And a gorgeous frog it is.xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Beryl, he is such a cutie. We haven't got any livestock in our garden - apart from hubby doing DIY today outside and two builders re-doing our fence!!! If you visit Stamp Addicts again you'll have to let me know as I'm only about 10-15 minutes away!!! Take care, Kym xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi There to you Beryl,
what a great card, love the frog, and bamboo dp. Lots of frogs here, even spawning on the pavements, hope we don't find another Mr froggie, from the award. I still have him he's ppeking out of the dolls house at me now!
janex

Martha said...

Beryl, This little guy must be a PRINCE. You've done an amazing coloring job on him and I love the soft background. For me it is harder to do a "less is more" card and keep them simple. It takes much more design skill and you've done wonderfully! Glad you are home.

Hugs, Martha

Davi said...

Hi Beryl, Thanks for stopping by. You are right that is a amazing frog that you colored so beautifully! Love the background you choose. So perfect! :)

Irene said...

Morning Beryl

Your card is just gorgeous, I love your stamped image and your amazing colouring, and those papers are fabby.

luv
irene
xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fab frog, wonderful card Beryl.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I love the image!
Clairexx

craftybren said...

Love it Beryl