Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Just Magnolia # 15

It's a sketch challenge on Just Magnolia this week. The gingham bp is Funky Fairies, the plaid Crafter's Companion and the flowery one, which I think is lovely, I can't remember. I printed it before the visitors arrived and promptly forgot where it came from. Pity, because I want some more and I'll probably spend hours searching now. As the Tilda image was stamped before the days of Memento and Promarkers, (in Stazon I believe) I coloured her with Bruynzeel Superpoints and her face with crayons. I just can't get the depth of colour I'm used to for faces with pencils or watercolours now that I'm used to using Pro Markers or Copics, which is a pity as the colouring on her coat is quite strong. However, I've ruined too many images using Pro Markers on Stazon so I guess I'll just have a few more pasty Tildas before they're used up.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

14 comments:

craftimamma said...

Gosh Beryl, you're making up for lost time! You put me to shame with your productivity, Lol!

I love the papers you have used on this card and I do hope you manage to find the flowery one again because it is lovely. Could I just ask, is that a ribbon across the centre? It's really pretty.

It's a lovely card altogether.

Lesley Xx

Beryl K said...

She's not too pale Beryl, I know what you mean about Promarkers and Stazon. It's a lovely card I love the colours
Beryl x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, beautiful papers. Anesha

Pat said...

Great card Beryl, love that Tilda image and the bright colours.

Pat xx

Wendy said...

Lovely sweet card Beryl
Wendy x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Beryl this is quite gorgeous I love those papers and Tilda looks fabulous. I know what you mean about life before promarkers I do most of my work with these now which I really shouldn't do as I have tons of Sakura pens and H2o's etc, but I will have to start using them again lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

lisa said...

She looks perfect to me Beryl. I love her colouring. Your papers are lovely too.

Lisax

Sue said...

Tilda looks fine and yes I know what you mean about the Promarkers and Stazon, been there done that etc . lol.
Love this card to bits, well done.
Sue xx

Sam Woodruff said...

I have to agree for making up for lost time...You have been busy, and I love them all!!!!
Hugs

Linnie said...

Still a fab card beryl i like the pale look it is subtle bbut effective..fab use of papers
luv
linniexxx

Tab said...

Wow fab card, sweetie, such a great take on the sketch, love the image and colours too!
Hugs Tab xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

with the weather were having we'll all look pale and intresting. Love your card, i'm a big fan of tilda and your papers are very pretty,this card would also work for simon says stamp, distress as in inks. going to get working on some challenges today. janex

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at JM this week x