Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Monotone Rainbow Colours


This week Rainbowlady wanted us to use just one of the colours of the rainbow on a card. I'm not sure if this one qualifies as blue or violet though.
The background and the stamped butterfly were both done using a Shades of Purple Blending Blox ink pad. The butterfly stamp is from Elusive images. It's mounted onto purple pearlised paper and then onto the background.The background is matted onto lavender card and then a white card base. A strip of pearlised paper that has been through the cuttlebug and some lavender ribbon were added to finish it off.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

5 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Wow that is stunning Beryl and of course my favourite colour.
Thanks for joining in again.
Love Cynthia x

Ann Whitfield said...

A stunningly beautiful and elegant card Beryl
Ann x

Chrissie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Beryl. I love all shades of lilac and purple, they look so feminine and with your beautiful butterfly it's just perfect.

Sammie said...

This is amazingly fabulistic.So beautiful it's brought tears to my eyes. What a stunning design. I had to cheat -I just found it too difficult -although I did uselilac/violet I didn't have any hand made paper in that colour to mat onto and had to use aqua :-( Yours is a true inspiration! Well done!
SammieJay x

Sammie said...

Dear Beryl, It is very seet of you to say so, but sadly the hand-made paper mat is actually aqua -sadly. I'll try suer hard next time, but am not a stamper -I know many people have complimented me on my stamping, but I try creatively to disguise the fact that sadly I can only get by. Must do better!!!!! I'll keep practicing.
Love SammieJay
Have I ever told you how much I love all of your creations. I know I comment from time to time on particular cards, but I love the whole thing. Thanks for bringing me pleasure.
SJ