Sunday, 17 November 2013
CD Sunday - Simply Square
It's Jenny's turn to choose the theme this week at CD Sunday and I think it's a brilliant choice. So many ways to interpret 'Simply Square'. I've gone down the really simple route with an image from Docrafts At Christmas Time CD. The holly border is a freebie stamp from a magazine and I've coloured it with Derwent pastel pencils. I quite liked the design but thought it was a tad pale so I made several more using the same image and another from the same cd - this time colouring them with Lyra Aquacolours. I also coloured a couple with H20's. The one below is coloured with the Lyras.
I hope you'll join us this week - remembering to mention any CD that has been used in the making of your prject.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Lovely traditional Christmas card Beryl, and i love your colouring of the stamped border, this makes the image pop.
sue-b xx
Simply beautiful Beryl, love your card.
These are both gorgeous Beryl but my favourite is the first one. Such a beautiful image and lovely, soft colour palette.
Hope you're keeping well sweetie.
Chrissie xx
Gorgeous colouring Beryl. The Lyras zing off the paper.
Carol
xx
You can't beat Robins for traditional Christmas cards Beryl, love them.
It's taken me a while to get here but yes I can totally identify with you missing the hoar frosts we get here in the Fens, they are beautiful to my mind.
B x
Beautiful cards Beryl, I love the images and the holly paper.
Kevin xx
Oh I do love your beautiful Christmas cards.
luv
Debby
Both are beautiful cards Beryl, I love to see a robin on a Christmas card and some Holly, so these are a big hit with me.
Sue T xx
These are both fabulous Beryl, I like the pastel background and the brighter one. Such a gorgeous image, I do love to see Robbins on Christmas cards.
Pauline
x
These are beautiful, Beryl. You can't beat a robin on a Christmas card. Love the holly border too, both work really well.
Hugs Lisax
Two lovely Christmas cards Beryl, super images and I love your colouring.
Christine xx
Hi Beryl, two beautiful Christmas cards. I love the one with the robin. Hugs x ChrisB
Two beautiful makes Beryl.
That holly border is gorgeous! What a great freebie stamp .. .. used brilliantly!
Have a great day.
Love Jules xx
Lovely traditional card Beryl, what a difference between the two borders hugs Wendy x
Hi Beryl,
i really like the softness of your first card, but the colors in the second pop nicely for Mr Robin in the snow with the holly twigs. Very well done as always.
Hugs and blessings, Martha
Post a Comment