Sunday, 27 October 2013

CD Sunday - Travels Abroad



Sunday - Grand Prix day and a fresh challenge from CD Sunday. This week it's Christine's turn to choose a theme - and it's 'Travels Abroad'. I have to admit I was a bit stumped on this one till I thought of a certain little song. It kept going though my head so I thought I'd use it as a start for my card. The image (cut into three and matted individually) I did in CAP using the Steampunk Adventures CD. There's also a very feint map on the bp from the same CD. The sentiment was done in Word. We'd love you to join in if you can - remembering to give credit to the CD that you use in your project.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

20 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Beryl, such a lovely Christmas card as well as fitting the theme this week.

Sue x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A great take on the holiday theme Beryl, though I can't get that song out of my mind now!!
Love the 3-panel layout - this would make a fab. masculine card too.
Hope you are having a happy weekend - Sylvia xx

cotnob said...

Brilliant card Beryl, you've got me singing a certain little song now. Great take on the theme - I will have to get my thinking cap on, that is when I've stopped singing!
Pauline
x

Juls said...

this is fab!!! Hugs Juls

brenda said...

Continuing in c&p mode until my hands and fingers are better and I can type properly again, but have to still visit everyone to see what they are up to and say hello.

B x

starcyl said...

It's funny how sometimes our ideas come together and this week your song has done you proud. This is a great idea for a Christmas card, just a little different.
Jenny xx

Christine said...

Super card Beryl and you have me singing the song now. Love your 3 panel effect and the image is great.
Christine xx

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card Beryl and what a great take on the theme.

Pat xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Fabulous , so simple and yet effective , a great male card.
I've but a post on to day , link to flowers made with the Tim Holtz tattered floral die I know you have.
It was lovely to see you at Port Sunlight , poor you listening to me rabbit on , bet you'll hide next time .
take care , happy dancing and happy crafting. janex

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Christine B. said...

Great idea Beryl, and a beautiful Christmas card. Hugs x ChrisB

sue-b said...

This is great Beryl, and another Christmas card done as well, must say i have fallen way behind on them.
sue-b xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Christmas card.
luv
Debby

pinky said...

Never would have thought of that one Beryl, loving the Christmas card.

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A great card. Love your take on the challenge! I wouldn't have know where to start!

Love Jules xx

Irene said...

Hello Beryl, Wow a stunning card, and I love your take on the theme.
luv
irene
xxxx

Wynn said...

These challenges certainly make us think don't they?? What a great take on the challenge....perfect and a great idea for a Xmas card too. Love that you've put the sentiment on a banner. Looks like a 'ship's'flag....great link.

Hugs Wynn x

Jocelyn said...

Clever idea - love it. Great layout.
Jocelyn x

brenda said...

Morning to you, just popping in for my virtual and generic c/p visit to see your latest creations, say hello and hope you have a good week.

B x

craftimamma said...

What lovely images Beryl. I though you'd watercoloured the backgrounds. As the others have said, that's a clever take on the challenge.

Hugs
Lesley Xx