Sunday, 6 October 2013
Stamping Sensations October Challenge
Back in July I was so lucky as I won the Stamping Sensations challenge for that month. As well as getting some fab goodies from Little Claire's I also get to be Guest Designer for this month. The theme is 'All Creatures Great and Small' and for my card I have used a stamp from Joanna Sheen - which I have had for many years. I coloured what there was to colour with Promarkers and added some colour around the image with Pan Pastels. The backing paper is from a Crafty Individuals paper pad and the ribbon from my stash. I made the flowers with Nellie Snellen punches and brushed over them with an archival ink pad to give some colour to the embossed areas. The butterfly was punched from some yellow copy paper, edged with the same ink pad and given several coats of spray and shine to help mould it and give it some body.
Leo is now almost 5 years old and although he has lost some of the stripes he had as a kitten this stamp always makes me think of him. I managed to catch him sunbathing a couple of weeks ago -
looking a tad sleepy.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
A gorgeous card Beryl, I can see why this stamp would make you think of Leo. He a lovely colour.
Sue x
Hi again Beryl,
That JS stamp could be taken from that photo of Leo, it's so very like him.
Great card and nice work with your PP's, thanks so much for such a lovely creation and being our Guest Designer at Stamping Sensations this month.
B x
What a cute Leo! Love your card, the cats looks like Leo. Have a great day.
beautiful card Beryl, love the stamp and the whole lay out. xx
Oh my word he looks just like Leo! Gorgeous card Beryl, love that stamp. Michelle x
This is a lovely card Beryl, such an adorable image - and yes it certainly does look like Leo. I love your papers and pretty flowers.
Pauline
x
A gorgeous card Beryl, it looks just like Leo. Love the delightful image and your lovely flowers. Hugs x ChrisB
As the others have said there is a definite resemblance to Leo in that stamp and a gorgeous card you've made with it too. Lovely colours you chose to enhance the image.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Beautiful sweet card, fabulous cat image.
luv
Debby
Another gorgeous card Beryl!
I love the colour combo and papers on this and your colouring skills are superb sweetie. It certainly does look like Leo (fab name!)
Chrissie xx
Hi Beryl - congratulations on your win and GDT spot. Your card is beautiful, and as Brenda said, the stamped image is so like Leo!
Hope all is well - Sylvia xx
Well done on your win Beryl. Love your card such a lovely image and beautiful flowers. Great photo of Leo. Have a good weekend.
Pat xx
Lovely card Beryl. You have reminded me that I have this stamp - somewhere!
Hugs
Carol
xx
That stamp is so like your Leo Beryl, love the card.
Hi Beryl. Catching up as always, interent connection problems have kept me away!!! Love your lovely card, it looks so like beautiful Leo. They love the sun don't they, not so much of it now for them to snooze in, ours don't like have to stay in 'cos of the rain!!!
Hugs Lisax
A purrfect card Beryl. I love the vintage colours and splash of orange.
luv
irene
xxxx
Gorgeous card, Beryl! So pleased you joined us as GDT this month xxx
Post a Comment