Sunday, 13 October 2013

CD Sunday - Butterfly



Another week has flown by and it's time for a fresh challenge from CD Sunday. The theme 'Butterfly' has been chosen by fellow team member Wendy.
For my card, I started with the backing paper printed from Daisy Trail's Inkblot Butterfly Digi Kit.
The die cut butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die that I bought a good couple of years ago but this is the first time it's made it onto a card. It's a bit big. I cut the main piece from gold mirror card, and the wings from some pink card which I'm hoping matches the background. It's mounted onto nestie ovals - the ivy die cuts are from Marianne dies, the sentiment is a Dimension Fourth stamp and the gems top right are from some stash that my friend in America sent to me for my birthday.
I hope you'll find time to join in this week - and if you do - please give credit to the cd used in the making of your project.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I love your butterfly and must have missed this amongst your dies when I was over with you. I recognise the corner dies, they finish of the design perfectly
Christine xx

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love the butterfly and fab design. xx Flora

Carol said...

This is a magnificent die which I also have. You have made a fantastic card using it Beryl. The offset oval is a brilliant way of showing it off.
Carol
xx

pinky said...

Beautifully elegant card Beryl, love the butterfly die.

starcyl said...

Very pretty card Beryl, love this die.
Jenny x

Wynn said...

Very very pretty Beryl. That butterfly is stunning ....love the colours. It all matches really well. Great job!!

Hugs Wynn x

Christine B. said...

A beautiful card Beryl, love your butterfly and the lovely Ivy die. Hugs x Chris B

sue-b said...

I love the die Beryl it's one very beautiful card indeed.
sue-b xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I like the beautiful butterfly the corners and the paper.
Kevin xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card beryl, I love the butterfly.

Sue T x

lisa said...

I love your butterflies curly tail, it's a gorgeous card. These fancy butterfly dies are lovely aren't they? I need to add one to my stash but can't find exactly what I want, think I'm being a bit choosy!!
Hope you've had a good weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Jocelyn said...

Beryl this is a beautiful big butterfly and I love the colours you have used.
Jocelyn x

brenda said...

Sorry this is a 'reactive' post again Beryl, your new posts just don't come up on my dashboard and with all the will on the world it's usually only when I see a comment I think ahhhhhhhhhh.

You know how much I love butterflies so this one is perfect to me.

B x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, lovely colours and your butterfly looks really good on the oval (I know what you mean about it being large, I bought the same die about 2 years ago and still haven't used it!!!!),beautiful ivy die cuts in the corners.

Pat xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Beryl, I love your rich pink backing paper and gorgeous die cut butterfly - your die cut embellishments finish your card perfectly.
Pauline
x

Irene said...

Gorgeous Beryl, your butterfly is amazing and stunning colours.
luv
irene
xxxx

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, love the colours and design. Caz

Martha said...

Hi Beryl,

Got the lap top fired up again and saw the beautiful butterfly you did on last weeks card. That is a spectacular card. Love the colors. I have a couple o butterfly dies from that company, but have never seen that one. S0 PRETTY.

Hugs, Martha

Juls said...

so very stylish!! Love it!! Hugs Juls