Sunday, 7 April 2013

Through the window


First an apology for not getting round to many blogs at all this week. Life has been a tad hectic but in a nice way - I'm also relying on Mr Blogger to post this at the right time again. This week I'll be in Port Sunlight doing a workshop with the lovely Sheena Douglass.
We have a new team member staring with CD Sunday this week  - Sue T - and also a new guest designer - Margaret - so I do hope you'll visit their blogs and make them feel welcome.
Carol has chosen the theme 'Through the Window' this week and the clock above is my offering.
I started by using a blue and lavender Eco paints and sponging the base a couple of times.
I made the scene through the window with Craft Artist Aviary English Garden CD. The die cut butterfly circle and the die cut birds are some that were cut when Christine came to visit and brought lots of her dies with her. Thank you Christine. I now know I really need those dies. lol
I coloured them with Pan Pastels and then sprayed with Spray and Shine. I made the rose using a mould I bought from the WOW stand at the NEC and air dry clay - coloured it with Promarkers and spray shined it also. The little door is just a piece of brown card, scored to give a woody effect.
Thanks very much for visiting - I hope you can join in this week - and if you do please give credit to the CD which has been use.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Christine said...

WOW Beryl, this is stunning and I am pleased I helped in a 'little' way in your design.
Enjoy your workshop.
Christine xx

Anne said...

FAB U LOUS! Hugs x

sue-b said...

This is beautiful Beryl, what a cleaver idea. What a busy time you are having but it all sounds like fun to me.
sue-b xx

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous project! I love it. I hope you enjoy your workshop this weekend.
Jocelyn xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I love the colours you've used and the papers. The clock face is lovely too, on the butterfly die.

Sue x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Beryl this is stunning I like everything about it!!!!!
Kevin xx

Claire said...

Hi Beryl, wow this is an absolute stunner! I love the colours and the scene framed by the window is gorgeous, not to mention the lovely die cuts and that rose too. It sounds like you've got another busy week lined up, have fun
Claire xx

Christine B. said...

Wow Beryl what a beautiful clock. I love your window and the scene behind it. Your beautiful bird die look lovely on the roof. Hugs x ChrisB

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful creation, love it. Have a great time at your workshop.

Pat said...

Oh my gosh Beryl this is just stunning, love everything about it. What a beautiful project.

Pat xx

lisa said...

Oh wow, Beryl, your clock is gorgeous. I love that clay rose and the panels are beautiful.
I hope you've had a brilliant day with Sheena and learnt lots of lovely things. I know one of my DT teamies, Fiona was going too so am looking forward to hearing all about it.
Hugs Lisax

cotnob said...

Wow! This is a fabulous clock Beryl, such a beautiful blue and pretty scene - great take on the theme.
I hope you had a brilliant weekend.
Pauline
x

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Beryl.


Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Oh wow Beryl, this is truly amazing and the colours are so striking! Hope you have fun at your workshop.

Michelle J M said...

What a fabulous take on "Through the Window" Beryl. Absolutely stunning! Lucky you doing a Sheena Douglass workshop, enjoy. Michelle x

Marina said...

Truly amazing and totally inspirational. Would you mind if I pinned this picture on Pinterest? I would like to use it to inspire my own creation some day.
Marina

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - what a beautiful project and a great take on the window theme. Love all the detail and the gorgeous shades of blue.

Hope you had time to look around Port Sunlight Village - it's a fascinating place, and the Lady Lever Art Gallery is wonderful.

Hugs, Sylvia xx

craftimamma said...

Oh this is lovely Beryl! It's a clever interpretation of the theme too and I love the colours on the flowers 'through the window'.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Juls said...

Such an amazing project!! Hugs Juls xxx