Sunday, 28 April 2013

A Little Bit Purple...



This week it's Wendy's turn to pick the theme for CD Sunday - and she's chosen 'Purple Paradise'. Whoopee! My favourite colour - anything from the palest lavender to the deepest purple will do for me.
For my card I have used the Sheena Douglass Iris stamp, coloured with Distress Inks - have you noticed that some of the colours in the Distress Markers are a bit different to the corresponding DI Pads? Or it is just my set. The CD element is the background paper - which is from Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion CD. I put a piece of white card through my Cuttlebug and coloured the raised bits with Dusty Concord DI. The corners are Cuttlebug dies and the swirly border down the side is a Memory Box die - the first time I've used it. It's so fine I thought the best way to stick it was to use stick and spray.The butterfly is from my stash.
I hope you'll join us this week - I know purple is a favourite colour of many crafters.
I've scheduled this as I'm out dancing tonight - it's gonna be a late one - it goes on till 2 am. Not sure if I'll last that long as I'm doing a blues workshop from 2.30 till 6 too this afternoon too.
Thank you for visiting today.

24 comments:

Carol said...

Love the Iris Beryl. I have a girlfriend who is nuts about them. Love the way you have coloured the embossing.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love the image it looks just like a watercolour painting. I agree about the distress markers, some of the colours do differ from the inks don't they? Hope you had a good night out
Claire xx

brenda said...

How very striking Beryl, the Iris makes a real impact and the delicate border draws the eye in.

Enjoy the dancing.

B x

Anne said...

Wow Beryl that's so beautiful and it just had to be Wendy who chose the theme with her love of all things purple! Hugs x

craftimamma said...

Wow, your colouring of the beautiful iris is wonderful Beryl. I also agree about the colours of the Distress Markers. I only have about a dozen but they don't match up very well to the inkpads imo. However, they have still worked beautifully here. Also, the background paper is perfectly complimented by the embossed piece. This is a wowser of a card!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Hope you're not too shattered today, lol!

sue-b said...

I have loads of iris in the garden, they are lovely. This layout is beautiful and makes a very striking card indeed, Sheena Douglass has some amazing stamps.
Sue-b xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Beryl - I wish I had some of your energy - dancing until 2am? - you rock!

A very stylish card - purple is one of my favourite colours too. Love the Iris image and the way you have matched the embossed swirl design with the border die. Gorgeous!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx



Christine said...

Gorgeous Beryl, I am with you on Purple being a favourite colour. Lovely iris stamp and coloured beautifully. Love your dies too.
Hope you enjoyed last night.
Christine xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your Bearded Iris Beryl, with the purple ones being amongst my favorite flowers. I had noticed that my Ditress mrkers don't always seem to match the colours of the ink pads, but then the ink pads are not always uniform colour, whereas the markers are. Maybe thats why they don't always seem to match.

Sue T x

Jocelyn said...

Great colouring and the swirls go with the image perfectly.
Jocelyn x

Juls said...

This is such an elegant card. Hugs Juls xxx

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card Beryl, I love your beautifully coloured image and those papers are perfect - fabulous die cut and embossed details.
Pauline
x

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card, love the colouring or the Iris. fab layering. xx Flors

Crafting Queen said...

Such a pretty card. love the memory box die. Have a great week. :)

Irene said...

A beautiful and stunning card Beryl, the iris stamp is gorgeous.
luv
irene
xxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Beryl, that Iris looks real and I like the embossing.
Kevin xx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

It sounds like you have had a very busy weekend!

Hope you enjoyed it all and aren't too shattered.

Loving your card. You can't beat purple!!!

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful Iris card Beryl, love the details.
luv
Debby

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely card Beryl, just love purple Irises and the memory box die, didn't realise you were a lover of purple too. xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love the irises, they all bend in so well
Margaret

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous card Beryl. Love your colouring of the Iris. Really like your swirl die. Hugs x ChrisB

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful card Beryl. You have coloured the iris to perfection! Love your new die. Yes I also find the distress inks are not the same as the pads. Michelle x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, the purples are beautiful. I didn't know Sheena did cds!