Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Pies? What Pies?


It seems quite a while since I joined in the Bah Humbug challenge. Oh dear. Slacking already and it's only April. I plead gallivanting around the country. That's my excuse. On to the challenge which this week is to raise a giggle somehow. I saw this image on the MCS Craft e Christmas cd and the question just had to be asked.
The spotty bp is from the same CD and the diagonal bits were put through a Cuttlebug folder. The black snowmen were punched and then given a blast of silver glitter spray.
Thanks very much for visiting. I'm looking forward to a blog hop this evening when I can hog the chair by the fire and tuck into my mother's day choccies at the same time.
Beryl xx

19 comments:

Riet said...

Beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Annie said...

oh this is brill Beryl - my daughter has just rushed over to see what I'm giggling about and she likes it too.
Great card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Janet said...

Brilliant card! Great layout and a super image and sentiment.

Janet xx

Pat said...

Great card Beryl, certainly fits the theme of "raising a giggle". Enjoy your blog hop and your chocs.

Pat xx

themessycraftroom said...

Great card Beryl, I struggled this week with this. Hugs x ChrisB

Unknown said...

This made me smile you had better send this one to someone skinny, lovely embossing and love the little houses
Chris x

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, love the blues and what a great image, made me smile for sure.

Unknown said...

Hi me again forgot to say if you go into the template designer and advanced tab the font is crafty girls, they have some lovely ones in there now.
Chris x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a fabulous card.Love the colours and that snowman looks well pleased with life.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christine said...

Lovely card Beryl and your sentiment has made me smile. Fab image and I love the layout.
Hugs xxx

Wanda said...

Love it! Such a fun image. Great choice of colours - just right.
Wanda

lisa said...

I love your Snowman, Beryl. I know how he felt too!!! Now that the nice weather has finally put in an appearance it's time to get lighter for Summer!! He's certainly made me giggle!!
I've just realised I haven't visited since your trip to the NEC, how bad is that. i hope you had a lovely time and with your daughter too. Did you buy lots of yummy new stash.
I've caught up on all your gorgeous cards too.
Thank you for your lovely comments and for the tip on the black ink, I shall give that a go.
Enjoy your choccies.
hugs Lisax

Jules said...

Well if you are talking mince pies Beryl .. .. then that will be me!! LOL!!!

Great fun image.

You have already done more Christmas cards than me!! I have done a grand total of one!!

Anyway, gallivanting is much more fun!!

Love Jules xx

Martha said...

Beryl,

This is sooo clever and cute! Love the colors and the fat snowman is just amazing. I had a difficult time reading what the card said until I enlarged it. I thought at first it was written in Welsh! Heehee! The "ate" was a bit faint and I WAS giggling before I was through. Must be my eyes need a new pair of glasses. : ) Wonderful card!

Love, Martha

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a fabulous card, great image fab scene, luv the punched snowmen, sue,x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A smashing card, looks like he enjoyed all those pies, love the papers and the embossing.

You are good to get going on you C cards in April!, I don't even think about them until at least October, then panic until November and then finally get them done on the first week of Dec in my annual leave and posted straight away, I say every year I won't do that again, maybe this year lol

Elizabeth said...

Hello Beryl, read your comment re Kraft card on Janet's blog, Redmoss Ramblings. I got some Kraft cards made by Docrafts at my local craft shop. Stampin Up also sells card which used to be called Kraft but now renamed Crumb Cake which is very nice. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

I forgot to say but love your very fat snowman - lovely card. Elizabeth

Juls said...

very cute!!! Love how you have created a whole scene and the embossing detail! Hugs Juls