Sunday, 20 March 2011

Wild Thing!


It's my third week as guest designer with the CD Sunday Challenge team - and the theme this time is 'Wild Thing'. I've made an off centre gatefold card and used a bp from the Jayne Netley Mayhew II cd. It's very pale with just a hint of landscape to I added some birds (Lavinia) and some trees (Judikins Africa cube).
The main image is a Dimension Fourth stamp, cut out and decoupaged onto the topper.
I hope you'll join in this week - there's lots of scope with the theme. I resisted the urge to use a photo of myself after I'd seen the mess the dog made of the newly varnished kitchen floor! Let's see what 'Wild Thing' means to you.
Thanks for visiting today.
Beryl xx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Beryl this is absolutely stunning love the shaped card and that elephant is fantastic.
Chris x

Martha said...

Beryl,


This is so simple, elephant elegant, and I love the pale coloration of it all. Spectacular design and the off-center gate fold is a great way to showcase the elephant with the contrasting matting! Love it!

Blessings, Martha

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Beryl.
luv
Debby

Beryl K said...

I've been waiting for you to post this on your blog since I first saw this week's challenge at CD Sunday yesterday, it is absolutely stunning Beryl. I recognised the Judikins cube and the JNM paper but it was the elephant that blew me away. He is so majestic. Love your LO too
Beryl x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card Beryl!

Sammie said...

I love the idea of this off-centre gatefold! That elephant image is so powerful and he really is put in his rightful place by the muted landscape. Great card!

Janet said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful subject. Would make a great man's card. I like the off centre fold, unusual.

Janet xx

Juls said...

He Beryl...I have been having a good look round your blog to take a look at all I have missed while I was away! so many gorgeous things!!

Love the image of this card, loving the fab monochrome look!

HUgs Juls

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab card, love your eli and your great design. janex

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Brilliant card. My DIL would love this .. .. she is obsessed with elephants!!

Going to the NEC tomorrow (Thursday). My Sis managed to get a day off work otherwise we would have been going on Saturday!!

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is such a striking card, I love the stregnth and gentleness of elephants and I think you have shown it all in this card.