Sunday, 2 August 2009

Stampin for the Weekend #9



The challenge from Stampin for the Weekend this week is to alter something. It's the first time I've tried stamping onto glass and boy, do I wish I'd started with something flat! The before picture is an empty apple sauce jar and the after picture is how is looks now. I used some freebie stamps from a magazine to stamp and emboss with gold and coloured with Sakura Moonlight pens. The 'grass' and swirls were done with a Souffle pen. I coloured the water with some paint pigment to hide the stems but maybe should have picked the flowers before choosing which colour to dye the water.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx







21 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Very pretty and great change. bet the flowers will look interesting over the next few days.

lisa said...

This is lovely, Beryl. I would never have thought of stamping onto a jar, these would make lovely pressies, especially with a tea light in, although I love your coloured water and the flowers.

Lisax

crafty amy said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous!! I love sakura pens they are so much fun to play with. It must have been really tough to stamp on the round glass like that but it was worth it for the result you got :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Wendy said...

This is fab, really pretty
Wendy x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

this looks brilliant,clever girl, are you entering for thier dt , you should. I have some good news craft wist, but I can't tell for a few days....hush hush...
The weather got better sun out, washing dryed and a mile and a half walk with the dogs to a lovely pub in a village near buy.just seen your cute kitty cats in the last post, aw gorgeous. janex

Annie said...

oh my goodness Beryl you have been doing some exciting stamping. This is so clever and wow stamping on the round phew!!! Amazing. Wonder if the flowers will soak up the die. Carnations do - do tell and show if anything interesting happens.

Ann xxx

Dawn said...

Wow Beryl well done - I'd never have attempted it!! It looks gorgeous - love red and black very oriental looking...

Hope Leo didn't get too wet, they always manage to dind a hidey hole!!

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Riet said...

Wowwww Beryl,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

craftimamma said...

This is great Beryl. I've never dared attempt anything on a curve yet but I think you've made a great job of it and I actually really like the red flowers against the water and they match the colours of the flowers on the jar. Lovely!

Lesley Xx

Vanja said...

An amazing project, Beryl, it looks beautiful, such a fabulous idea.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)

Vanja

Jane's Blogs said...

I think you have done a fabulous job. Well done.

Jane xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic Beryl you clever lady it is great and the flowers I think look superb. I was looking at your new banner your garden is so beautiful and it must be really big.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

This is fantastic!! Love what you did, the colours are beautiful. ANesha

Debbie said...

Wow what a fabulous project Beryl, who would believe it was just an empty jar origianally...just beautiful. Debbie x

Kimmi said...

Beautiful Jar. What a difference! I really like the flowers and the colours. The swirls you've drawn are brilliant!

Thanks for playing along in the Stampin' for the Weekend Alterations Challenge.

Kimmi

Nancy said...

Love your jar, Beryl:O) You did a great job here! Love the colours. Wonder how the flowers will be in a few days.....
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Linnie said...

What a fantastic idea i never thought of using sakura for this kind of thing ..the pens are in a box neglected at the moment..thankyyou forf the inspirationxxx

CraftyC said...

Wow Beryl, I just love your new vase, perfect colours and looks stunning. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Juls said...

this is brilliant! Love it!

Donna said...

Love your little flower jar Beryl, what a great idea for an empty applesauce jar, I'm always short of vases, so you've given me an idea now. It really looks fabulous.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Vicki said...

Oh gosh Beryl how pretty does this altered jar look now. You have done such a lovely job with decorating the glass. Thank you for taking part with this weeks alterations challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx