Monday, 29 December 2008

Card for a Grandson

I thought I'd better make a card for my youngest grandson a.s.a.p. as his birthday comes so soon after Christmas I need to have it ready to post. I have used a sketch from the Sketch Saturday challenge site - which this week is to choose any of their previous sketches that you like. I chose Sketch 16 - one that I hadn't done before and that I thought wasn't too fussy (O.K. for a young boy hopefully).
Edwin is coloured with pro markers and the green backing paper is from a magazine (I really want to use it up so I can start using all my lovely CDs more. The two backing squares and the corners have been made using a Cuttlebug.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

17 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card Beryl - love the image and you've coloured it beautifully
Ann x

Jo said...

Fab colours! the paper and embossed panels work so well together and you've coloured Edwin perfectly.
Thank you for joining in the challenge this week
Happy New year!
Jo xx

Shirley said...

How cute~! I love what you did with his BG colors and he is a cutie too!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the way you coloured the image.

Jackie said...

Great 'boy' card, love the colours!

Bev said...

Great card, love the image and fab colours
hugs Bev x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, great colouring of Edwin and love the embossing

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Beryl, love the cute Edwin image and the embossed paper.
Happy New Year! Debbie x

COCO said...

oh very nice card !!!
happy new year !!!
hugs coco

Sam Woodruff said...

Happy New Year!

Crafting Queen said...

A very Happy New Year to you.

Dawn said...

Love this card Beryl
Wishing you a happy new year and loads of happy crafting in 2009!

Dawn
xx

Chrissie said...

Wonderful card Beryl!
I just popped by to wish you a very happy, healthy and creative New Year.

Phree said...

Cute card! Happy New Year, may 2009 be full of creativity!

Lavender Rose said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR BERYL!!!!

I love this card and agree, the layout is just right for a boy.

Carol said...

Great card Beryl - I've yet to use my little chappy!!

The link on my blog works now ... thanks for telling me! What am I like!!

TC
:)

Crafting Queen said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my ATC. Have a great day.Hugs
Anesha