Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Sun Conure


This is the only card I've managed this week as we've been decorating again. We are starting another room tomorrow so I don't think I'll get much card making done next week either.
This card is for Rainbow Lady's challenge to make a 'birdy' card. I found this image of a sun conure on an Etappe-knipwerk 3D sheet of minatures. I had a pair of sun conures in the eighties and early nineties so I was pleased to find it. The background is alcohol inks and the foliage is done using stone Gray Stazon and a couple of tapestry stamps. The base card is a pearlised green. It's getting quite dark now so the camera has not picked up the detail very well but I hope you get the general idea.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

2 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Well, that is a new bird to me Beryl not heard of it at all. It is a lovely card, the background wonderful with the inks and love the birdie too. Thanks for taking time to play this week in the midst of everything.
Love Cynthi ax

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous card again Beryl, love the inks and background too.