Sunday, 16 June 2013
Just a Little Bit Oriental
Sunday again and I'm hoping Mr blogger is playing nicely for me as I'm now in Southport dancing till all hours. So the challenge on CD Sunday this week is 'Kimono' chosen by Caz. For my card I have used a stamp that I've had for many a year which hasn't seen the light of day - let alone ink for most of that time. It's a Creative Expressions wood mounted stamp. I coloured the image with Copics and mounted it onto a nestie circle. The background papers are from the Ooh a La Shoes in Bloom CD and the pink ribbon is from my stash. I've used the very old 'got on a market somewhere' birthday greeting stamp and for the flowers I printed off some flowers from a freebie sheet for Petal Pairs punches, punched them out and stuck them over a Memory Box corner die.
I look forward to seeing your interpretations of the the challenge if you get a chance to join in - and if you do - please remember to give credit to the CD you have used in the making of your project. But I won't be seeing anything on here until at the earliest Tuesday. Meanwhile - enjoy your weekend and thank you for visiting.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Beautiful card Beryl, I love the stamp and you have coloured it perfectly.
Hugs
Christine xx
I love everything about this card Beryl, the stamp, the diecuts and the beautiful backing paper too.
Sue T x
Beryl what a great stamp..........very pretty lady. I love your blossoms they look so realistic.
Enjoy the dancing.....wish I could still do that lol
Wynn x
This is beautiful Beryl. I'm so glad you dusted off that rubber stamp. Everything fits together perfectly and those punched flowers are a match for the backing paper.
Jocelyn x
Really pretty card Beryl. Hope you are having a good Sunday. I am really tired. Had a golf competion today and I came second! Have a great week. :)
Beautiful card your image works so well with your lovely bp and those flowers you have punched out. My friend as also got that stamp and don't think it's been inked in years. I think I have some off it somewhere.Hope you've had a great weekend. Hugs x ChrisB
this is a fabulous image Beryl, love the layout and beautiful flowers.
sue-b xx
This is a gorgeous stamp - I'm glad you found a chance to use it - and you've coloured it perfectly for a lovely card. Marina
Oh Beryl this is gorgeous, I have that stamp but I've never made anything as beautiful as this.
luv
Debby
Lovely card, beautiful image and gorgeous flowers. Hope you enjoyed your weekend away Beryl.
Pat xx
Hi Beryl
A gorgeous oriental card.
Love the image and colours.
Hope you are having a lovely time away.
Love Jules xx
What a beautiful card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
A beautiful card Beryl. I just love that stamp, so elegant. When I saw the theme for this week I immediately thought of using this stamp. Went looking for it and then realised it was in Cape Town. I left a lot of card making "stuff" there and as oriental has not been that fashionable lately I didn't bring them with me! Michelle x
Hi Beryl, hope you had a good time dancing , you put me to shame with all your energy.
Love your beautiful oriental card, like the back view of the lady and that market buy birthday stamp looks great. janex
Lovely card, gorgeous colours and image
Margaret
utterly stunning!!!! Hugs Juls
This is beautiful, Beryl. I love those pretty flowers you've used and using the die behind it is a great idea, I must try that.
hugs Lisax
Oh wow, love how you coloured the beautiful image Beryl and I'm sure I have that stamp langishing in a box somewhere ...... like yours, it's not seen the light of day for many a year :-(. Your flowers in the corner echo the ones in the image and backing paper beautifully.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Post a Comment