Sunday, 2 December 2012
Almost lost the plot...
This week at CD Sunday we have a sponsor - The Art of Craft. The theme has been chosen by fellow teamie Caz and it's 'Oh Christmas Tree'. I say I almost lost the plot as I was so keen to use this image and one of my favourite backing papers - that I forgot that the paper is a download from Glenda Waterworth and not from the Season's Greetings CD. But I think I redeemed myself by using a greeting from the DoCrafts Christmas Time CD and the poinsettia from Debbi Moore's Christmas Fairies CD. The main image is a Sheena Douglass stamp - coloured with Promarkers and some fairy dust added for a bit of bling on the frosty bits. The embossed piece was left over from a card I made the other week - through a Cuttlebug folder and then inked with Cloudy Blue Adirondack.
We say goodbye to Pauline as guest designer for November and say hello to Linby - our guest designer for December today.
Hope you'll join us this week - I look forward to seeing lots of Christmas trees his week. Can't decide whether to make room for one in the house this year - seems a bit of a waste for just me.
Don't forget - as I almost did - do use something from a CD and let us know which one.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
fabulous card Beryl, that's the size of tree we usually have and like you i have said i didn't think i would be having one this year, well maybe a little one. sue xxx
I really like this Beryl, you are not on your own forgetting your cd! I have had good ideas and then realised that nothing is from a cd and had to start again, I blame it on my old age!
Jenny xx
love your card and I really love that stamp,just a bit different.
You must put a tree up , I have 2 , but I am a bit of a decoration freak.
Thanks for the kind words about me being ill, it runs in the family I'm afraid and thanks for telling me about my win, what luck,popping there now.
enjoy the rest of the weekend. janex
Really love everything about this card. xx Flora
I think you redeemed yourself very well Beryl, lol! The card is lovely and such an unusual main image (too me anyway). I love it! I also really like the way the burgundy offsets the bluey-greys.
I hope you do get your tree up. I love Christmas trees although we nolonger have a real one in the house ..... not enough room as I don't like tiddy ones, lol! I'm a bit late with my tree this year. Normally I'd be doing it this weekend but I haven't got round to shifting everything round yet. OH is taking 2 days off at the end of this week so the whole kit and caboodle are being done then hopefully ........ weather permitting fot the outside.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
This is a great take on the theme Beryl and the Poinsettia and postbox complement each other perfectly.
Sorry I've not been by in a while, being a bit under the weather, but do appreciate that you still popped over to visit.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
B x
This is just gorgeous Beryl, the image is lovely as is the layout and that gorgeous Poinsettia. I love having a Christmas tree Beryl, and all the trimmings can't wait to put them up in a week or so. Enjoy your Sunday.
Pat xx
Really lovely card. Have a great week and thanks for the lovely comment.
Wonderful card Beryl, I love that image the papers and the poinsettia.
Kevin xx
What a lovely card and perfectly compliments Sheena's stamp.
Thanks for following me.
Lynn x
Beautiful card Beryl, I love how the different elements all come together in your card. I can understand why you wanted to use the image as it brilliant.
luv
irene
xxxx
What a gorgeous card.
Hugs Riet.xx
Hi Beryl , love your card it's great. Hugs x ChrisB
Absolutely gorgeous card Beryl, love you images you've used and the finishing touches.
luv
Debby
Easy to forget Beryl, don't know how many times I have went to enter that challenge and remembered I didn't use something from a cd lol. I love the gorgeous image, very Christmassy. I hope you do put a tree up Beryl. I have to force myself to get mine up but do enjoy it once its there then come boxing day I want it back down lol.
Hi Beryl. I think people would be hard pushed to recognise one design for the backing paper from another when they are from CD's as there are so many beautiful ones out there so I'm sure you will be forgiven, especially when you've topped it with with this lovely image. I spotted it as one of sheena's straight away, although I chopped the post box of mine to use it separately!!!!! Not sure if I was meant to but it makes a great Xmas card on it's own.
I had to smile about your Xmas tree, you sound just like my MIL. Just get one up and enjoy it, that's what we tell her!!!!!
Hugs Lisax
A beautiful card Beryl, I love the way your tree sticks out of the back of the truck. Guess it had to be a truck to transport the fab tree. Love the bp's and your poinsettia is gorgeous.
xx
Oh Beryl
You "MUST" make room for a tree .. .. even if it is just a small one with a few twinkly lights on.
Plus you are a bit naughty saying it seems a bit of a waste "just for me". You shouldn't say that.
But .. .. to your lovely card!
That image is brilliant and looks like our neighbours across the road on Saturday. They came home with a big tree to stand by their front door .. .. and it was sticking out of the back of their people carrier thingy!
They have been decorating outside of their house for weeks now as they are one of the families that go mad "light wise".
Nice and bright and great for us to look out on. A bit like our own private Blackpool illuminations .. but they must be very disappointed in the fact that we don't put anything up outside. LOL!!!
Lovely paper on your card too Beryl. Wherever it came from!
Hope you have a good week.
Love Jules xx
The snow is not staying but be careful on the roads. It is very cold and icy. Enjoy your weekend. :)
A gorgeous card Beryl - love the combination of Christmas images, and the backing paper gives a really wintry, icy feel. Brilliant layout too.
Hugs, Sylvia xx
Post a Comment