Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Let it snow.... but not just yet......


This is my take on the current challenge over on the Sketch N Stash blog. The old element is the main backing paper - which is the reverse side of some scrapbook paper that I've had for years now - and keep forgetting it's there. The patterns are too big for cards so when I have used it it has been for the reverse side. The other papers are from The Snowman CD by Crafters Companion, and the sentiment is a Cute Companions stamp. The half circle is part  of a Cheery Lynne Doily die and the Christmas tree ribbon is the new bit - courtesy of Lidl.
The main image is a WOJ stamp - coloured with Promarkers.
I'm also entering this card into the Fab n Funky challenge - which is to have three of something on your project. My 'three' are the pearls in the corners. They are really glittery IRL but this doesn't show up in the piccie.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous Beryl, she is so pretty. Missed that ribbon in Lidl lol. Elizabeth xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, sweet image and lovely papers.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Beryl, I love the image and your fab papers. I know what you mean about scrapbook paper patterns being too big for cards - I have a whole pile of it just sitting in a box waiting for me to get around to making some scrapbook layouts!
Pauline
x

lisa said...

What a lovely image, Beryl. My DD keeps wishing for snow so she'll love this!! What is it about children and snow, I'm not so keen except at the weekend when no one has to go out!!
Love the papers too.
Are you a "strictly" fan by any chance, your fab-u-lous made me chuckle darling!!!!
I do have control of the remote most of the time except when there is some action film or other on and that's when I need something to do.
Hugs Lisax

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Beryl,I like the image and the colours,
Kevin xx

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card Beryl, lovely image and super design. Why not enter this in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this weekm (use 3 of something) we have some fantastic prizes.

Pat xx

Christine said...

A beautiful card Beryl, I love your layout. A lovely WOJ image and perfectly coloured. Hope you don't get snow just yet.
Hugs
Christine xx

Christine B. said...

A very pretty card. Hugs x ChrisB

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

I love that sweet image and think I might have it somewhere and never used it:0 Gorgeous selection of papers Beryl.

Chrissie said...

Beryl, this is just adorable and I love your take on our sketch sweetie.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh-so-pretty Beryl - the layered layout is beautiful. Love the image and the sentiment, though I hope it doesn't snow just yet!!

Take care and keep warm - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

think we might see some snow before long, very cold anyway.
Fabulous card, love that image and the pretty blues. janex

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Yes I agree .. .. let it snow .. .. but not yet!!!

Just a touch on Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day will do! LOL!!!

Great use of the sketch and a really cute image.

Is your backing paper from a huge wallet load from Costco? I had a huge pack of it years ago and used quite a lot of it to make a memory book for people to look at when it was my MIL's funeral. My one and only memory book so far.

Hubby was chuffed with what I had done but felt guilty that I had used so many of my papers on it .. .. so he bought me a second wallet load!! I don't think I will ever use it all (but I will try) LOL !!!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Julie said...

Fab card, Beryl!! I love the colours and papers you've used. Thanks for joining in our challenge at SNS, Good Luck, Juliexx

Vicky said...

A great card Beryl! Thanks for joining our celebrations at Fab'n'Funky, good luck in the draw!!

hugs Vicky xxx

Jackie said...

This card is simply adorable and I just love your coloring of this image! Thank you for joining in on our Birthday Celebration at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge Blog!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Rach83 said...

Super card and great layering. Your image is adorable and love that ribbon too.

Thanks for linking up with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x