Friday, 26 October 2012

Autumn Colours


This is an 8 x 8 card - the bp is from a Bearly Mine cd, the next layer I made using several distress inks and then stamped the LOTV Grunge corners in Versafine Vintage Sepia. I used the same ink to stamp the tree (a Crafty Individuals Stamp). I did stamp the tree with a second stamping a couple of times too but this doesn't seem to show in the photo - probably the glare of the Cosmic Shimmer mist I used over it. The distress inks  I used were, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold and Aged Mahogany.
For the flowers I used a Nellie Snellen punch, the leaves behind and the swirl are both Cheery Lynne dies - cut in brown card. The sentiment is computer generated and mounted onto a Spellbinders label die cut.
I'm entering this card into the D.C.C and Friends challenge - Autumn to You

I think we are in for a chilly weekend so keep warm and dry if you can.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

10 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous colours and I love your layering. xx Flora

Crafting Queen said...

Really great card, lovely colours. Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

This is beautiful Beryl, stunning autumn colours and the tree is gorgeous. Love everything about it.
Hugs xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Glorious colours Beryl - your stamping and inking is fabulous. Love how you created the light behind the tree, and those die cuts are gorgeous.

Hope all is well with you and yours - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so beautiful Beryl, I love the tree the papers and the flowers.
Kevin xx

brenda said...

Such a shame you miss the deadline for this one Beryl because it's absolutely gorgeous, you've captured the warm glow of autumn beautifully.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Beryl this is like Autumn in card form , true special , I love it. janex

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

lisa said...

This is beautiful, Beryl. I love the light behind the tree and the colours are beautiful. It reminds of the colours in the trees we saw today when we went for a lovely walk in the sunshine to take some photos of the autumnal colours.
Hope you are have a good weekend.
Hugs Lisax

craftimamma said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous Beryl. I love the colours and the images you chose and that swirl die cut is really lovely. It's so delicate. A stunning card altogether.

Hugs
Lesley Xx