Sunday, 12 August 2012
Nectar Selector
I'm hoping Mr Blogger is placing nice today as I'll be winging my way to a workshop with Sheena Douglass as this card should be posting.
A couple of weeks ago I managed to enter Brenda's Poppy challenge by the skin of my teeth and was delighted that my name came out in the draw. I had the chance to choose something from Sir Stampalot - and chose Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities Vol II. Thank you Brenda - I'm hoping I can come up with some inky creations sometime soon.
This week's challenge from the CD Sunday team is 'Exotic Birds and Blooms' a theme chosen by Christine.
I have used these two stamps together before I know but it was a while back. The 'exotic blooms' are part of a large azalea stamp and I have used the top part of the stamp to make the border. This was coloured with Distress Markers. The humming bird is a Dimensions stamp - coloured with H2O's.
The bp was just what I was looking for - although it took me some time to find it. It's on the Jayne Netley Mayhew II CD set - disc 2. The decoupaged leaf - top corner - is the large leaf on the azalea stamp, the sentiment an oval a nestie and the ribbon from my stash. Hope you'll come and join us this week. Lots of scope again with this theme.
I'd also like to enter this card in the Sir Stampalot challenge this month. The theme is 'Take Flight' so this should fit the bill. I think I'll have to link it to the challenge blog when I get back as I'm not sure what would happen if I try to link a post that isn't published yet. Confusion all round I would think.
Thanks very much for visiting today and enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Good morning Beryl,
Whose a lucky girl then getting to spend time Sheena, I hope you are going to share will you create as I love her stamps.
Absolutely love the colours on the card you have created here and the way you have pulled colours of the hummingbird into the flowers.
Thank you so much for joining in our take flight theme at Stampalot challenge this month.
Hope you really super day today continue with their bedtime reading.
B x
Love this card Beryl and those stamps are fab.
Jenny x
This is beautiful Beryl, lucky you on winning a fab prize.
Hugs
Christine xx
This is beautiful Beryl, those flowers are gorgeous. Congrats on winning a prize from Brenda! Enjoy your Sheena Douglas Day, I'm green with envy! Michelle x
A lovely card Beryl and I love the way you have combined the two stamps. When I saw it I thought it was all one stamp - very clever and I love the colours. Hope you have a fab time with Sheena.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
Hello Beryl
Wow your card is stunning. The backing papers compliment the image perfectly. And, what a stunning image. A brilliant card.
Enjoy your workshop.
luv
irene
xxxx
What a beautiful card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
This is lovely Beryl, love the stamps, enjoy your time with Sheena.
sue-b xx
Love your gorgeous card Beryl and congrats on winning the Brenda's challenge.
luv
Debby
Its so gorgeous Beryl, love the bird and the gorgeous colours you have used. Well done on winning over at Brenda's.Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month with this beautiful creation.
Pinky
What a stunning card, Beryl! I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us for our take Flight theme at Stampalot this month and good luck!
Gorgeous card Beryl, love the border and the beautiful colours you have used. The Humming Bird is stunning as is your colouring.
Pat xx
Beautiful vibrant colours. Thanks for joining our August challenge at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)
What a very beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
never knew about this workshop by me, you should have said, hope you had a wonderful time and learn some new skills.
Your card is just gorgeous, love that image. janex
A stunning creation Beryl. Love the image - the colouring is superb!
Congrats. on your Poppy challenge win, and I hope you enjoyed your crafty day with Sheena too.
Hugs, Sylvia xx
What a fabulous card Beryl. Your colouring of the images is wonderful. Absolutely gorgeous inspiration.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
PS Bet you enjoyed that workshop!
Post a Comment