Sunday, 15 July 2012
Pearls and Swirls for a Prom
Welcome to another challenge on the CD Sunday Challenge blog. This week I've been the one to choose the theme - I chose 'Pearls and Swirls'. Don't know why - it just came into my head a few weeks ago and I had no idea what I'd be doing for it. My grand daughter had her school prom last week and after planning to have a purple dress - which in the end wasn't going to be finished in time - she managed to get hold of a turquoise one. (Good job I didn't finish the card with a purple dress on it - wasn't happy with it so binned it.)
I'd seen this image on Sassy Studio Designs and thought it would look great in the same colour as the 'new' dress so made a card just in time for the prom. I coloured the image with Promarkers, added some pearls and a Memory Box die cut corner and used a swirly backing paper from MCS Flourishes CD.I hope you'll manage to find some pearls and swirls somewhere and join us this week. Below is a piccie of my grand daughter just as she was about to leave for the prom
Thanks very much for visiting. I'm away this weekend visiting famil and friends so hope Mr Blogger publishes this for me on Sunday morning. I'll have to have a mega catch up on Monday.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
17 comments:
Hi Beryl, your card is so lovely and i love the turquoise dress, your Grand daughter also looks stunning in her prom dress . I hope your weekend goes really well and you come back with info and photo's.
sue-b x
Mr. Blogger has been good to you, unlike for me. Your grand daughter is so beautiful and her dress is gorgeous. I love your card which fits so well for her and the challenge, which was a lovely choice. Caz
Lovely card and your grand daughter looks beautiful.
Both beautiful girls, your granddaughter and Sassy! Lovely colours, beautiful card. Michelle x
Gorgeous card and what a beautiful pic of your granddaughter.
luv
debby
A beautiful card and your grandaughter looks stunning in her prom dress.
xx
What a beautiful card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
both your card and your grandaughter are beautiful,blue is better than purple any day. Love that die cut,me want . janex
Well Beryl, your card is beautiful ........... but not as beautiful as your lovely Granddaughter. She looks fabulous and I do hope she had a wonderful prom evening.
Your colouring of the image on the card is really stunning and isn't that corner die just lovely. It's the only Memory Box die I have so far but methinks I need more, lol!
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Your granddaughter is so pretty Beryl and very like her grandmother!! Perfect take on her dress with the card which is absolutely gorgeous.
Very pretty card - love that blue and your inspiration pic of your granddaughter is fab. xx
Lovely card Beryl with a great image. Such a gorgeous picture of your granddaughter, hope she enjoyed the Prom. Hope you have enjoyed your days with the family.
Pat xx
A stunning card Beryl, I love the design and colours. Your grand daughter is beautiful, I am sure she will treasure your card.
luv
irene
xxxx
Oh Beryl, your card is beautiful and so is your Grand daughter. You must be so proud of her and I love the turquoise dress. It suits her perfectly. Your card will be the perfect reminder of her special night.
I've been meaning to pop by for days, don't know where the time goes. You asked a while a go what that geranium was in my garden, the deep cerise one. I've been trying to find the label but can't typical but I know it's Marjorie something!!! if that helps.
I called DD a practicing teenager as she's only 11 but I can already see what we are heading for when she reaches those dreaded teenage years.
Hope you are escaping the rain today.
Hugs Lisax
Well your a dark horse mrs!! Imagine you being a roller skater and getting medals, wow it just amazing. How we forget about the good old days when we had lots of outside interests lol. I did a bit of roller skating myself but mostly on the street.
A beautiful card and a beautiful Granddaughter Beryl. The dress on the image is perfect for the occasion - it could almost have been designed with your Granddaughter's prom dress in mind.
Hope you are having a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xx
Hi Beryl
Just me again. I've had a rummage in the greenhouse today and have found the label at last for that Geranium. I told you a load of rubbish, don't know where Marjorie came from. It's called Ann Folkard. Hope that helps.
Did you see the garden on Gardener's World last night with all the geraniums? They were beautiful.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Hugs Lisax
Post a Comment