Sunday, 29 July 2012

Can't wait to get these in the garden


I know. Second post of the day. What's the world coming too? It's because I've left it a tad late for
Brenda's Poppy Challenge. These  poppies are one of my favourite plants - and as today I finally got the last of the perennials that I brought with me in the ground (in between showers) I can now scatter some of my double orange poppy seeds around and hope at least some of them germinate. The seed is 2010 but I think poppy seeds last a fair time. I have had them my gardens since the early nineties - all from one original plant in a mixed packet of seed. The stamp is a Sheena Douglass one, stamped with Stone Grey Stazon and coloured with Inktense pencils. The background is a mixture if Pan Pastels overstamped in Versafine Black Onyx using Hobby Art wooden stamps.
Thanks very much for visiting. If you want to enter Brenda's challenge you've got about one day left to do so.
Beryl xx

10 comments:

brenda said...

Good afternoon Beryl,

I am sure your seeds will germinate, poppies seem to be very resilient and come up in the most unexpected places. I guess that's part of their attraction to so many of us, as well as a vibrant colours of course.

The black foliage you have stamped round the borders of your card and the little picket fence create an illusion of looking into a garden of poppies.

You have no idea how it has thrilled me see so many of my blogging friends take the time to join in with my fun challenge, thank you so much.

B x

lisa said...

I'm so glad you are getting your new garden in order, Beryl. I've been meaning to get outside all day but we had to cheer the ladies cycle race as Lizzie Armistead is local. She went to DD's school and came to visit recently. It's brilliant that she came home in silver!!!
Your Poppies are gorgeous, they are such a cheerful flower aren't they. We have hundreds of self set orange double ones in the front garden but they won't come into the back!!!
Hugs Lisax

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

total stunner,so beautiful and classy, Brenda will love it, I do. janex

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, poppies are one of my favourite flowers too.
Superb colouring and a stunning background.
Hugs
Christine xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous beautiful card Beryl. Do hope those seed germinate and look forward to seeing some pics of them in bloom.
luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A gorgeous card.

I love poppies too .. .. just a shame that they don't last very long isn't it. But as with everything you just have to make the most of them whilst they are at their most beautiful. (Oh crikes .. .. very deep for 8.15am !! LOL!!!

Love background you have added alongside your image. Beautiful!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Crafting Queen said...

What a beautiful card, love the framing.

Pat said...

Beautiful card Beryl, gorgeous image, they remind me of the Welsh poppies in Orange and Lemon which grow all around our village, seem to seed themselves everywhere, but we always have trouble trying to grow the lovely red ones. I do hope your seeds germinate and your get some lovely Poppies.

Pat xx

craftimamma said...

Oh I love this one Beryl. Those poppies are stunning and I really love the leafy border you created. Smashing work!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Hope your poppies grow for you!