Sunday, 29 July 2012

A life on the ocean waves......


Time for another challenge from CD Sunday and this time it's 'Mainly Men'. We had lots of entries last week with the 'A' theme - so many different takes on it - and this week I think the theme is fairly open too.
For my card I used a Sheena Douglass stamp - coloured with water colour pencils and inked round the edges with Black Soot DI. The ships wheel is a Crafters Companion stamp. The compass is from Daisy Trail SteamPunk Adventures and the bp is from my Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion CD. I used a Fiskars punch for the border across the bottom and the hemp twine is courtesy of B & Q.
I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.
Thank you for visiting today.
 Beryl xx

10 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous "male" card Beryl - love the ship stamp and the distressing.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

PS: Have you seen the new In The Pink Challenge? Details are on my blog! x

Jocelyn said...

Hi Beryl, a fabulous card I really like this image. Makes me think I must get out my water colour pencils again, I use alcohol pens most of the time these days x

Christine said...

Hi Beryl, this is a super Male card. Love the distressing and you have coloured if perfectly. You are tempting me again with Sheena's CD. lol
Hugs
Christine xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pat said...

Absolutely fantastic male card Beryl, that stamp is gorgeous and I love all the different elements you have included.

Pat xx

lisa said...

This is one of my favourite stamps, it's lovely to use isn't it. I love what you've done with it and that punched border at the bottom is perfect.
Hugs Lisax

debby4000 said...

Oh this card is fabulous Beryl.
luv
Debby

sue-b said...

This is a fabulous card Beryl, I love the vintage feel to it and the l/o.
sue-b xx

Michelle J M said...

Fabulous masculine card Beryl. You have coloured it to perfection! Michelle x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is a gorgeous card Beryl, and the backing paper may be paint fushion, but it could have been made to go with this image. I've been looking at this stamp for a while, I think I'm going to have to buy it.

Thank you so much for the lovely flowers you sent for the pearls and swirls challenge.

Sue x