Sunday, 8 July 2012

Best of British??? .. Weather!



It's time for another challenge on The CD Sunday Challenge blog - where has this week gone? This time we want to see The Best of British. I know - it's warped view of 'best' but this challenge sprang to mind as soon as I saw this image on The Paintbox Poppets CD. Not far wrong considering the weather of the last few days as it happens. Maybe not the best weather, but the best the skies above can manage it seems.The bp is also from the same CD, the lacy mat is from a Martha Stewart punch and the sentiment is from a Hobby Art set.
I do hope you'll join in this week. If the weather carries on like this there won't be a lot of time spent in the gardens methinks.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

15 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I adore your card Beryl, this image is gorgeous, not got this cd but a few of the stamps, I love the sentiment with it and the gorgeous design.
The weather in North Wales ,for the wedding yesterday , was lovely ,very warm and Sunny. I've had enough going out and my liver needs to recover a bit.
janex

Crafting Queen said...

Adoarable card.

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Yep, I think your card sums up our British weather at the moment.

Our lawns had huge puddles on them on Friday .. .. the puddles have gone now but it is just like walking on sponges. Thank goodness we managed to cut them in the week as there will be no chance now for days (and that is only if we get no more rain).

Lovely card Beryl .. .. and I love the sentiment.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Christine said...

A beautiful card Beryl and so apt for the weather we have been getting.
I love your Martha Stewart Doily effect and also the image.
Hugs xx

Pat said...

Very tongue in cheek "Best of British" but lovely image and gorgeous doily mat. We have another fine day here though not as sunny as yesterday, hope it stays fine for tomorrow as it is Sports Day at the school of two granddaughters.

Pat xx

starcyl said...

Fab card Beryl, you will have to stop tempting me with these images. I have to say it wasn't something I thought of but this is just about right for our weather but not so sure about the 'best' bit.

Jenny x

sue-b said...

Hi Beryl, beautiful card and lovely image, just right for the challenge. The weather must be the most talked about thing in Britain, love the sentiment. xx

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous card and very British (summer especially!)
Jocelyn x

pinky said...

Did make me smile as it reminded me of a conversation I had with my niece yesterday. Her kids had been away on a week's holiday where it rained non stop but they all enjoyed the beach anyway lol. Love the image and what a perfect sentiment Beryl. Roll on autumn till we get some descent weather!

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous card and very apt for our weather. Hugs x ChrisB

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Brilliant card Beryl and so apt, your image is fabulous as is the design paper.
luv
irene
xxxx

craftimamma said...

He! He! How apt is this lovely card. It almost makes me like the rain ............... I did say almost, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Cazro said...

So apt for the Very Best of British weather we are all suffering with this year. A beautiful card, I adore your lace background, it really completes the card. Caz

Michelle J M said...

Beryl I am sorry that I have not commented earlier, I thought I had! Your card is gorgeous and so very apt. Michelle x