Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Rock Hard or Chic?




Two cards today for two different challenges. The first is for Bah Humbugs first challenge of 2011 - 'Holly,Fairies and some New Year Magic'.The magic is that I actually started a card and finished it the same day! My fairy is a Rock Hard Fairy from Dimension Fourth. I've paper pieced her dress and wings with some sparkly paper and coloured the rest with Promarkers and coloured pencils. The holly round the edge of the nesties shape is from Crafters Companion - also coloured with Promarkers and the sentiment is from Elusive Images. The background is from My Craft Studio Craft e Christmas.
The second card is for the CD Sunday challenge 'New to Me'. The bp is from my stash - Dovecraft I think and the 'cd' bit is the doorway - again from MCS Craft e Christmas. The Clarity stamp is the 'new to me' bit stamped onto the door image and embossed and then the 'clothing' paper pieced over the top.The sentiment is from Creative Expressions.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

23 comments:

Christine said...

Two beautiful cards Beryl, each one perfect for the challenges.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

chris said...

both fabulous Beryl. love them.
hugs chris xx

starcyl said...

Yet another two great cards Beryl, both are perfect for the challenges.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Great cards - both of them Beryl. Can't get my head around starting Xmas cards again so early though. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
xx

Sue said...

Hi Beryl
two fabulous cards, luv the fairy, striking cards, sue,x

themessycraftroom said...

Gorgeous cards Beryl. I love both of them. Take care Hugs x ChrisB

Janet said...

You have been busy! Two lovely cards - my favourite is the door one. I like the way you have stamped the lady over the top and created an interesting scene.

Janet xx

lisa said...

You're being very organised with your Christmas cards, Beryl. I love them both. I'm afraid I've put all my Xmas stuff away. It's so nice to have a change of colour and break out all the Summery colours again!!
Hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

2 gorgeous cards Beryl but do love the rock hard chick,
Chris x

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

You are good to be starting on your Christmas cards already.

Great makes.

Just realised .. .. you are doing your Christmas cards because soon you are going to be in your garden for days and days and day LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

p.s. Yes, the egg in the hair took a lot of getting out .. it was a nightmare!! I was only 16 at the time though and didn't know better!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a trouper with your Christmas cards, can't face making one yet. These 2 are fabulous though and what a headstart.
janex

Purple Crazy said...

both gorgeous cards, I've started my christmas cards too, have to pace ourselves, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week

Juls said...

oooooooh these are fab!!! Love the first one, just so incredibly stylish! Hugs Juls

pinky said...

Two excellent cards Beryl, love that rock hard fairy lol, the boots do it for me, sensible and easy to walk in lol.

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Beryl and perfect for those 2 challenges sweetie!
Glad I don't have to choose a favourite as I don't think I could, I love both cute and elegant.

Annie said...

Both great cards Beryl - it's great to see so many techniques combined to make fab cards. Totally love the way you have used the Clarity lady in the doorway and your funky card is cool too.
Thanks for joining our first challenge of the New Year at Bah! Humbug! Hope we'll see you again soon.
Good Luck in the draw.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Two fabulous cards Beryl - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Tess said...

Great card Beryl. Love that image and so impressed you have made a start on Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x

Max said...

Hi Beryl. So pleased you are joining us again this year. You have created 2 beautiful cards. Love the sparkly dress on your rock fairy. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Pat said...

Two super cards Beryl, love the images on both.

Pat xx

craftimamma said...

Well done making two cards Beryl. Your Christmas card box is going to be well stocked come December. Both of them are lovely and I especially love the sassy fairy on the first card.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two beautiful cards Beryl - love the images and the sentiments. Great paper-piecing and colouring too. Have a great weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

lisa said...

Hi Beryl.
Thanks for that. I had an e mail earlier from Russ. How exciting. I LOVE Sheena and her products, she is a huge inspiration so it's wonderful to win one of her stamps!!
What a lovely way to start the weekend.
Hope you have a good one too.
Hugs Lisax