It's the first challenge of the year from Rainbow Lady and this year she has a new design team and there'll be sponsors too. This month it's a voucher from Joanna Sheen - so do join in if you can. The theme for the new challenge is 'New to Me'. This can be new crafty goodies or a new card fold or technique - the choice is yours. I've chosen to use the new Sheena Douglass stamps which I didn't manage to get at the workshop in Milton Keynes - cancelled due to the snow - but I ordered direct from Sheena and they did arrive in time for Christmas. I've coloured the main image with Pro Markers and added some colour to the background with chalks. The backing paper was made from the reverse side of some scrapbook papers in my stash - stamped and clear embossed with the beer mug, which is a Crafter Companion stamp. I also stamped one and cut it out. The froth was made using liquid applique which I've had for yonks but keep forgetting it's there. The strip down the side is just black paper and the 'studs' are punched from mirri card and scored across the centre with a ball tool.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

16 comments:
Superb card Beryl one for Geoff I think lol. Thanks so much for your entry Love Cynthia x
Beautiful card Beryl, Love how you've coloured the stamp. The backing paper looks great with it and that strip is a great idea. Love it. I've quite a few of Sheena's stamp, but I didn't get that one. Hugs x ChrisB
Hi Beryl,
I love this fabulous card. Great colours and a wonderful image. Brilliant card.
Hugs,
Fiona x
A fabulous man's card Beryl, I just love the look of those 'screws' and your frothy ale looks a bit yummy too!
Super card Beryl, beautifully stamped and coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Hugs Christine xx
this is just fab!! Love all the stamping you have done in the background!!! Hugs Juls
Hi Beryl
A gorgeous image and your backing paper is perfect alongside it.
Brilliant make.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Wow, fab colouring Beryl. I love the stamped bp too.
Claire xx
Wonderful, gorgeous card Beryl.
luv
Debby
A great design Beryl. Love your image, so well coloured and the background is so clever. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
Jen x
Great man's card. Your background is really good and I love the froth on the beer!
Janet xx
So beautiful card Beryl,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.
Hugs Riet.x
Fabulous card Beryl! I love the froth too and the studs. What a simple idea but so effective! Your colouring is great too.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Gorgeous card Beryl, super image and coloured to perfection, great background and studs too.
Pat xx
super dupper mens card, just love it! janex
Hi there Beryl - im Gill from Sheena Douglass's design team. i was looking around for some new blog to follow and found yours. i like your work and love what youve done with the pub stamp.
maybe youd like to pop on over to my blog - lots going on - ive got free blog candy and challenges starting in feb. hope to see you there. http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment