Thursday, 6 January 2011

Check it Out with CD Sunday


CD Sundays first challenge of the year is 'Check it Out'. Very little check on here I know but it is there. The check is from a Crafters Companion cd and the bp is from an Artylicious cd. The stamps are Creative Expressions and have been stamped with Versafine Imperial Purple and some of them shaded with Dusty Concorde Distress Ink.
My resolution for this year is to try and catch up with all the lovely creations on your blogs more than once or twice a week - which is all I seem to manage at the moment. That is until the spring comes again and the garden takes up all my spare time again!
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

24 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

super card Beryle, great sentiment and college effect.
happy new year to you. janex

Christine said...

Fantastic creation Beryl, love the stamps and your bp's are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week, good luck in the draw. xx

Martha said...

Beryl,

This is lovely and soft in the shades of purple. A very artistic and gorgeous card. I won't be posting for awhile, so don't forget me!

Love and blessings, Martha

brenda said...

Hi Beryl

Hope you are well.

What a really lovely creartion.

I have seen lots of these dressmaking images and the like about, but have never been quite sure what to do with them. But it works perfectly here, really well co-ordinated.

B x

Juls said...

I love love love this!!!!! I am really into collage style cards at the mo.....and I just adore sewing images...love the soft colours, everything about this is perfect! Hugs Juls

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
This is a fabulous card. I love the colours and the various elements you have put together to create the theme. Great crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Chrissie said...

Oooh I LOVE this Beryl, such a vintage look.
Your colouring is wonderful, your colour palette so pretty and that little tape measure is the perfect finishing touch.

starcyl said...

This is lovely with a capital L, so fond of the colour and the images are fab. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week and best of luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the vintage collage theme Beryl - the sentiment is oh so true for lots of us crafters I think! A really fab. card!
Happy 2011 - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Tess said...

Fantastic Beryl. Love the collage effect. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x

Janet said...

I love this sort of card! There is so much going on and lots of interest - almost makes me want to find the sewing machine again! haha

Janet xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous creation Beryl, love the sewing stamps and its all so beautifully laid out.
Pinky

Purple Crazy said...

how fab and so different, i love it, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, xx

themessycraftroom said...

Great card Beryl. I love cards with anything to do with sewing. Lovely images and colour. Hugs x ChrisB

chris said...

Hi Beryl, this is right up my street, I love it. hugs chris xx

Unknown said...

Love this card Beryl the sentiment is fantastic.
Chris x

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Beryl. All the imagery is great and beautifully put together. I love that quote too!

You asked about the rosettes on my latest post. If you make them from a strip of paper, yes there is a lot of scoring and folding (still works well though) but with the TH/Sizzix die that I used there are lines of little perforations where you have to fold so it's really quick and easy. Hardest bit for me is sticking the circle in the middle, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jules said...

Brilliant Beryl .. .. I love this one .. .. as would my dressmaking Aunt.

Funnily enough it is her birthday today!!

Love Jules xx

Carol said...

Hi Beryl. I love the sentiment. I don't do sewing but I can think of other pastimes in its place.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so fabulous Beryl.
luv
Debby

Jen said...

Fabulous card Beryl. Everything is just right the papers, the stamping, the extras. Love it.
Jen x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Rietx

lisa said...

Another gorgeous card, Beryl. My Mum has one of these dressmaking mannequins in her craft room and your card reminded me of her when I saw it.
I think I need the more blogging resolution too, I've been terrible lately and like you it'll only get worse once the garden wakes up again.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I am just loving this one Beryl, beautifully put together - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.