Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Quick and simple

I didn't think I'd manage Rainbow Lady's challenge this week to use mainly peel offs for a card. Then I remembered these peel offs from Dawn Bibby which I've had for ages. I stuck a row of them onto vellum and cut round them, added some paper lace and a peel off greeting and that was it. Very quick (for me anyway) so at least I haven't missed the boat for this week.
Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

18 comments:

AliMayes said...

That is really lovely and so different from the usual card made with peel-offs.
Ali xx

Jane's Blogs said...

What a brilliant idea ... may be quick ... but very effective. Well done.

Jane xx (BJZoe on JS Forum)

Linnie said...

very effective it looks like parchment craft
luv
linniex

Ann Whitfield said...

Another lovely card Beryl - glad you made it
Ann x

Rainbow Lady said...

Beautiful card Beryl very pretty and effective with the lacy look.
Just look at that gorgous baby of yours - ooh I want to see him - but he would go in my handbag if I were to visit you lol
Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

RubyMay said...

wow...this looks really good ...I think we are going to have to have a rethink about using peel offs if you can get them to look this nice. Great work Beryl ! x

Sylvie said...

Hi Beryl,
Great idea with the peel offs.. I will have to try that as I have some lovely borders.
Hugs
Sylvie A

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card and you wouldn't think the flowers were peel offs, very pretty
Wendy x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Beryl its lovely what a fab idea and I love the pic of your new little Kitty who looks very much at home if not a little lost in such a big bed....maybe he is waiting for some little friends to join him lol.

Lorraine x

Chrissie said...

This looks stunning Beryl!
Who would know this was a quick card, it looks so elegant and complicated.

Unknown said...

Ooo!! That's very effective. I may pinch that idea sometime - if that's OK!!

Annie said...

I love peel offs on vellum and this card is just gorgeous.

Ann xxx

Jacqui said...

That looks so effective. What a clever idea. Lovely card.
Jacqui xx

Bev said...

Beryl this is beautiful!

hugs Bev x

iReneM said...

Brilliant Beryl.
I'm very impressed with this.
A beautiful card

x

Hazel (Didos) said...

this is stunning, I really love it. Your kitten in the bed looks so comfy. Jess my cat still does the same. So sweet. Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week Hazelxox

Beryl K said...

This is so stunning and elegant. Definitely a less is more creation
I love it
Beryl x

Shirley said...

It's absolutely elegant! I love the lace and the tag too!