Saturday, 17 January 2009

Coffee's Not Just for Drinking


This challenge from the Tanda Teaser team this week was to use coffee to stain a background. I dobbed coffee onto a piece of light cardstock with a piece of cotton wool and also immersed the lace into the left over coffee. The stamp is from Whiff of Joy and for this card there's coffee in the mug not hot chocolate. The flower is half Flora Doddle and half Prima. The corner was made using my Cuttlebug.
Thanks very much for visiting.
Beryl xx

11 comments:

Lavender Rose said...

Beryl it's gorgeous....well done on such a creative use of coffee, it's perfect!

sue law said...

Lovely card Beryl, the stamp is very sweet and the background is perfect for it.

thanks for joining with our challenge this week
regards
Sue

AliMayes said...

Very effective and I love the colour combination! I think I might try tea on a card sometime as I don't drink coffee.
Ali xx

Christine said...

Beryl I like the use of coffee in designing cards, something else for me to try.
Like the image, she looks so cosy with her cup of coffee.
Christine x

Beryl K said...

I love this one Beryl, it's not something that I would have thought of. Love the fact that you've used that fabulous stamp for the image. It's on my wish list
Beryl x

Shirley said...

It's absolutely gorgeous and so creative too! I never would have thought of coffee! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Berly.

Jane's Blogs said...

How clever of you, love it.

Jane xx (BJZoe on JS forum)

Wendy said...

This is really pretty the image is beautiful
Wendy x

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card Beryl - love the background and the stamp
Ann x

Fiona said...

This is gorgeous - love the colours and the soft colouring of the image.