Tuesday, 3 June 2008

A Facelift for an Old Friend


The challenge from Rainbow Lady this week was set by Ann Whitfield. The brief was to use a favourite stamp but in a new way. I usually use my script stamp behind a flower so for this card I made it the main image. The background is a Bruynzeel Superpoint pen just filling in with straight(ish) lines. I then used the white eraser pen in the set on the stamp to bleach out the script.The background paper is from Kanban and the corner pieces are pearlised paper which has been through the Cuttlebug. It's finished off with some ribbon and a Flora Doodle. I've had them for months but this is the first time I've actually used one. Usually I get them out and put them back as I don't want to part with them. I have to keep telling myself that I can always get some more.
Thanks for looking.
Beryl xx

4 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Fantastic card and so very different Beryl. So many different parts to it and a clever technique that I have not tried. Must put on my list. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x
Hope you are well too.

Sandy said...

Wow what a beautiful card. Love the wonderful paper. Great.

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely stunning Beryl. Like Cynthia, I love all the different parts to this card and it's a new technique to me too. Thank you for joining in.
Ann x

Chrissie said...

I'm loving this card Beryl, the colours are lovely and it has a real "vintage"feel to it. I do like your script stamp, gorgeous effect.